I have clothes to give away!!!!!

Texas Girl
on 12/30/05 12:24 am
Hi, I am at a loss because I have clothes I can not wear anymore and no one to give them to. They are in good shape. Size 20W jeans, and 2X shirts. I have jumpers too. I wish to give them away. I live in Sierra Vista AZ. But will be in PHX at St. Lukes on the morning of 11th of January, I can make arrangements to drop them off. If you see a DR. at St. Lukes that would make it easy. Thanks for the help! As we all lose weight we can pass our clothes to one another ... Connie Jones
mrs.3m
on 12/30/05 6:54 am - Mesa, AZ
If you don't know antone who needs them you can always donate to shelters. I know they are usually in need of large size clothes.
Texas Girl
on 1/4/06 8:00 am
Good Idea! Connie Jones
Sandy in Tucson
on 12/30/05 7:22 am - Tucson, AZ
We do a clothing exchange with the weight loss support group in Tucson....does the Sierra Vista support group do the same thing? If not you can give them 2 ladies who live in Benson Mary Fournie or Clara Wogstad...both board members of the Tucson group. After a few months we send the clothes to the reservation....for the needy. You can contact Mary F. or Clara W through the message board for Tucson which is [email protected] Sandy in Tucson 157 lbs down
Texas Girl
on 1/4/06 8:01 am
thanks I will check it out! Connie Jones
Steffani35
on 12/30/05 11:22 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
Connie, I am from Sierra Vista too. I had surgery in April 2005. I'm a size 16 now and gave a lot of my clothes away to the WLS support group. Now, I trade them in to "Twice as Nice". They will give you in-store credit so you can get the size that you need then, when they're too big, you can trade them again for even smaller ones. It's working really well for me...just an idea. Stephanie Ahrens
Texas Girl
on 1/4/06 7:58 am
Hi Stephanie, so cool to hear from Sierra Vista. I have not made a support meeting. When is the next one? and Where do they meet? Thanks for info on Twice as Nice... Save some size 16 for me! I need to go check this store out! Thanks for your reply! and hope to meet you one day! Connie Jones
Brandy H
on 1/4/06 12:11 am - Glendale, AZ
hi connie, i trade my clothes in also. i take them to a place called Other Mothers or to Twice as Nice and they give me credit and i use the credit to buy smaller sizes. I really recommend this to all wls patients. we simply go through clothes WAY TOO FAST! I have done the clothing exchange thing also with my support group. but it seems like we are all in about the same size at this point. brandy
Texas Girl
on 1/4/06 8:03 am
Thanks Brandy, you look great! and I will check out your suggestions! Connie Jones
Steffani35
on 1/15/06 11:44 am - Sierra Vista, AZ
Hey Connie, I finally got my picture on here. I just read your reply tonight. I share my email account with my husband so I don't always catch my mail when it comes in. Have you had the chance to check out Twice as Nice? The support group meets the fourth Tuesday of every night at 6pm. They meet at the county complex out on Hwy 90 out by where the hospital has its out-patient building on Colonia De Salud. Let me know if you want to go and I'll call the lady that leads it and put you in touch with her. I probably wont be going for a while because I am taking dancing lessons on Tuesday nights (cool huh?). We should get together and have lunch or something someday. Do you have kids? How old are they. How old are you? I'm 35 and have 3 kids 16, 13, and 1. Where do you work? I work for AHCCCS. You can call me sometime if you'd like to chat. God knows I love talking HA! 439-9699. Talk to ya later! Stephanie
Most Active