New In AZ

MTgirl
on 12/25/05 4:41 pm - Avondale, AZ
Just got approved and scheduled last week. Surgery on 1/18 at St. Luke's. All the posts seem to be postop. Anyone have any advice for, or information you want to share about just before and right after surgery. I'm not really nervous about surgery, but just want to get a get off to a good start.
Sandy in Tucson
on 12/25/05 10:12 pm - Tucson, AZ
you may want to read the main messageboard for Obesityhelp.com...more info for pre-ops.....But seriously St. Lukes tells you everything just about in the ABC classes. Sandy Newkirk Dr. Fang 155 lbs down
AZWinner
on 12/26/05 8:38 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Susan, I am so pre-op... I don't even have a surgery date yet. I started this journey about a year ago. I got denied by my husband's insurance, a self-funded plan with PHCS. I have new insurance now, BCBSAZ so hopefully I will get approval soon. I just sent my info over to Dr. Juarez's office last week. How long have you been in AZ? I moved here in August 2004 from Michigan. Patsy Glendale AZ
Debbie E.
on 12/28/05 2:13 pm - Surprise, AZ
Welcome & , Congrats on your surgery date. I had my surgery 3 months ago at St. Lukes. I sure hope you get Gracie! They are all great there but she is the best. You can tell her I said that if you get to meet her. I thought she was a nurse but I think she is a nurses aid. Also a csa named Theresa. I have one suggestion. Just wear the gown they give you so you don't mess up your own. Wear slippers that you can just slid on and take a hard pillow to press against your incision if you need to cough it helps. Oh, and as soon as you can after surgery just keep on walking. It really helps. Please keep us posted on your progress and best wishes on your journey to a new you.
Texas Girl
on 12/30/05 12:52 am
Hi susan, Welcome and congratulations on your surgery date. Who is your surgeon? Mine is at St. Lukes too, Dr. Zahn/Villares. The ABC classes are great! and you will learn alot... So nice you are doing this surgery for yourself ... My most valuable thing I took with me to the hospital was my own houseshoes and robe, I walked alot! Life is starting over for you! how exciting! God Bless you! Connie Jones
Most Active