3 Months post op update

diamanti1
on 12/23/05 6:03 am - Peoria, AZ
Been awhile since I updated anything on here and wanted to fill in my progress. All things are going well and I have lost ~120#'s since my surgery. I am finally back in the 200's....288 this morning after starting the process in June at 411. Amazing things are starting to happen. My energy...out the roof....I can do many things now that I only thought about doing in the past. I have not bought many clothes....but those that I have bought are 2X...compared to my pre-op 6X....and the 2X are starting to fall off me.....mission after the holidays is to the Penney's at AZ Mill to look for some transitional clothes. I have a leather belt that I continue to wear to this day...prior to surgery I was in the last 1 or 2 holes....now...I have had to buy a leather punch to keep up with my losses...It now has about an 18" tail on it....and pants...well pre op was wearing a 68" waist....today I am wearing levi's....the kind with the waist size on the tag...and they are 50's....and loose...probably would fit tightly in a 46"....but the biggest wow is with my job...I travel everyweek throughout the country...and prior to the surgery I would pack around my "Fat Kit" that had seat belt extenders for all airlines and cars....so I was covered when the belt didn't fit...but that didn't assure that no one was sitting next to me...well I am just home from being gone the past 7 weeks in a row...and I no longer need my kit...and I don't care if someone sits next to me.....I can even sit comfortably with the armrest down and my arms on the rests......WOW...not to mention being able to use the tray table. Finally...my laptop computer can sit on my lap and be used....no regrets....and I am loving the new me. My wife is now 2 months out and she is doing well. She was diagnosed with diabetes in May of 05 and weighed about 280...today she is ~230....and has lost about 40#'s since the surgery. What an adventure. Best of luck to everyone over the holidays and with your continued success. Dave
Darlene X
on 12/23/05 11:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
Congrats Dave!!!! Your doing awesome!!! Now where are the pictures???? hehehehe
Most Active