What Do YOU Take For a Cold?

Pamela E.
on 12/21/05 9:47 am - Buckeye, AZ
Since you've had weight loss surgery, what did you take for your cold? I have always depended on Nyquil to nurse me through a bad cold, but have been advised by my doctor not to take it anymore - although I have read on the board that many do. What works for you? Pam
Darlene X
on 12/21/05 9:08 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hubby is pumped up right now on Walgreens brand severe cold pills and Robbitusin (sp?)
Marilyn C.
on 12/22/05 2:30 am - Bullhead City, AZ
We can take any of the tylenol cold/flu OTC meds & it will not hurt us. Look at the list on my previous post bout drugs we can & cannot take. Robutussin will work, but get the sugar free/alcohol free if possible. That list was made by a RN that knows her stuff. There is a lot of stuff out there that can cause damage to our pouch's due to no stomach acids anymore due to the surgury. That is why the nyquil is not good for us as the high dose of alcohol in them will usually make you or most of us dump & that is worse than the initial cold you already have. HOpe you feel better soon. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Debbie E.
on 12/23/05 1:04 pm - Surprise, AZ
Hi Pam, How are you? I was told to take liquid tylenol. It comes in Cherry flavor. Not too bad. I did not know you had a cold? Are you okay? I hope you are not sick. I will say a prayer and maybe give you a call.
Most Active