sick and tired

Brandy H
on 12/17/05 12:12 am - Glendale, AZ
i am SO sick and tired of being sick and tired!!!! i have a horrible cold. i have had it for almost a week....i was fine for 2 weeks and then i had another cold 2 weeks ago for 2 weeks. ugh i feel so yucky. my abs and back hurt from coughing so much! pooooooorrrrr meeeeeeee! sorry i needed to whine to someone! any good cough suppressants for a dry hacky unproductive cough?? please i will try just about anything. whhhhhhhaaaaa brandy
Stephanie J.
on 12/17/05 4:13 pm - Tucson, AZ
I'm coming down with the crud right now too. And of course, when I'm scheduled to drive the kids on a whirlwind trip to Sedona and Vegas starting Monday. All I can advise you is to keep pushing the fluids. You should be getting about 60 ozs a day in anyway after the surgery, but definitely that much or more when you've got a cold. It'll help make your cough more productive naturally. Also, I take zinc, but it's kind of hard on the tummy, so I'm not sure I'd recommend it quite yet for you. Good luck getting better for Christmas. - Stephanie
Brandy H
on 12/19/05 6:16 am - Glendale, AZ
thanks stephanie for the response. i am feeling a little better not as much coughing (my abs feel as if i have done a thousand situps...does coughing count as excercise?? ) my head feels very spacey and congested still though. and i have been drinking TONS of water. thanks again for your post. brandy
Trisha
on 12/19/05 3:06 am - Glendale, AZ
I hope you get to feeling better soon, Brandy. It sucks to be sick. Nyquil/dayquil works for me. Robitussin is also good. I think the products vary for different people. So you just have to try a few. Trisha
(deactivated member)
on 12/19/05 4:51 am - Phoenix, AZ
Welcome back Trisha! Where the heck have you been? We've missed you!
Brandy H
on 12/19/05 6:19 am - Glendale, AZ
nyquil and dayquil have been the only things that have helped. i am couching much less now. but still my head feels all dopey and congested. also, my voice sounds strangely close to rod stewarts. or maybe a scratchy voiced kim carnes singing "betty davis eyes" haha. thanks for your response! hope all is well with you. brandy
Gabrielle
on 12/20/05 5:29 am - Chester, VA
Hey Brandy, Hope you are feeling better!! Gabrielle
Marilyn C.
on 12/21/05 2:40 am - Bullhead City, AZ
Stay away for the nyquil & dayquil stuff it has to much alcohol in them & could cause severe dumping. Stick to the tylenol Cold/Flu products they are the best. So many of the OTC stuff is bad for us after WLS. Tyelnol produst are safe for us. I have a recent lost of Meds that we should not be taking I will post it to this board today so you can all have it. It is very important stuff as some Dr.s don't even know they can hurt us in the long run. Hope you feel better soon. Marilyn, the bearlady
Most Active