Whats Tucson like to live there???

seaworld
on 12/13/05 1:55 am - mcdonough, ga
Hi All, Whats it like to live in tucson, we are thinking of moving there?? Any advice would be great. How far is it away from phoenix and scottsdale??? thanks so much for all your help susie
Darlene X
on 12/13/05 3:01 am - Maricopa, AZ
Its about 1 & 1/2 hours or so from Phoenix/Scottsdale---- guys correct me if Im wrong. Ive only been to Tucson once or twice. From what Ive seen its pretty nice, but I can't give you any detailed info... Where is Sandy In Tucson? She can probably answer better
jbpeterson17
on 12/13/05 6:48 am - Tucson, AZ
I moved to Tucson in July of this year from Dallas, TX. Tucson is a very laid back city. Traffic can be hectic at times and the summer heat is enough to make me choke. Other than that, I really do like living here. Tucson is about 1 hour 45 minute drive from Pheonix and 2 hours from Scottsdale (depending on locations on both ends). When are you planning on moving? Let me know if I can help in any other ways! Good luck!
Clara W.
on 12/14/05 12:53 pm - Benson, AZ
Susie, I am 45 miles east of Tucson. It is like a lot of other cities. They forgot to plan ahead. But it is a big city to me. LOL. I enjoy Tucson very much. Phoenix is about 2 hours away from Tucson. The best time to move to Tucson is in the spring. Then you get use to the weather before it turns hot. And it is really dry heat. You have to learn to drink more to keep yourself hydrated. We have been here for 37 years. We came from Washington D.C. area and we grew up in San Antonio, TX area. We call this our home and love it. Clara
lemarie22
on 12/16/05 8:43 pm - Glendale, AZ
Susie, I lived in Tucson for 23 years before moving to the Phoenix area 5 years ago. I loved Tucson and didn't want to move, but did so for a promotion. If you're used to the green of back East, the Tucson area will probably be a shock. When I first moved there from Wisconsin, I thought it was dusty, dirty and very brown. After a while I adjusted to the beauty of the area and appreciated the special animal and plant life that you can only find in the desert. Tucson is a miniature big city. It's spread out and covers a lot of acreage and it takes a while to get across town because of inadequate road planning. There are sports teams, the symphony, plenty of malls, concerts, fairs, museums, zoos, and other things to visit and do. It's a University city so lots of young people there. 125 miles or about two hours from the greater Phoenix area and about an hour and a half from the Mexico border. In three hours you can be on the beaches of Rocky Point, Mexico and in San Diego with a 7 hour drive. Attitudes in Tucson are very laid back. I remember a newspaper article that said it's not unusual to be buried in a T-shirt in Tucson. People from big cities generally find Tucson a little too laid back and boring and people from smaller areas find it just right or maybe a little hectic. Hope this helps and best of luck, Connie
Elaine C
on 12/18/05 8:11 pm - TUCSON, AZ
Susie- I've been off line for a while and just got back here. I moved to Tucson from New Jersey 2 and a half years ago and I love it it here. We moved in late May we got acclimated to the heat immediately. Everyone else has given you the driving time between here and pheonic and scottsdale. As my husband will tell you-it all depends on whose driving. As long as you remember to drink enough water, especially in the summer, you'll be fine. Elaine Charton Lap RNY10-19-05 Dr Chaisson 299-244-???
Most Active