One Week Away from Surgery!!!

jbpeterson17
on 12/11/05 12:40 pm - Tucson, AZ
I'm one week away from my surgery date (12/19). I'm starting to get really nervous. I've never had surgery before. I'm also a little sad about losing a good friend (food)! Surgery will be at Barix Clinics in Scottsdale. Any last minute words of wisdom or advice for me?? Thanks!
(deactivated member)
on 12/11/05 9:58 pm - Phoenix, AZ
How exciting for you! Dont be sad about losing your friend 'food' - your relationship will be changing - you will learn to know food in a healthier way - it will be amazing as you learn to take care of yourself better and as you see the pounds melting off your body! This is the best decision you could ever make for yourself. I had my RNY in June 2005, and I am healthier and happier than I have ever been! I am just sorry I didnt decide to have my surgery sooner! Take care, and God Bless You - we will all be praying for you - keep us posted Jennifer!
Debbie E.
on 12/16/05 5:21 am - Surprise, AZ
Jennifer, I thought that way to before surgery. Don't worry when you begin to see the results you will be so pleased with yourself for doing this. I noticed that when I had surgery on 9/19/05 that I had no craving for sweet stuff which is a blessing. I do miss bread and pasta but I know there are better tasting healthier foods I can pick from so sit back and enjoy the ride. You won't regret it. and good luck!
Most Active