Thinking about moving to arizona

seamore
on 12/7/05 2:19 am - orlando, fl
We are thinking about moving to az. We think its beautiful there, when we saw pictures. We live in ga now. What is a good area to live in?? is it expensive to live in az?? What are the homes going for price wise, how much square feet can you get for what price? So what areas would you recommend living in that are affordable? Thanks for all your help, susie
Darlene X
on 12/7/05 3:10 am - Maricopa, AZ
Are you retired/working??? Do you want to live in the Metro area or out in a small town? As for the Metro Area--- the further you go out of the city the cheaper the home prices (ie. Queen Creek, Maricopa etc), however home priced boomed. A year ago we bought a 1414sq ft single story brand new home for $142k in Maricopa AZ--- now you wont get anything under $230k or so. The median price right now here is $250k. All brand new homes though. Queen Creek is about the same now. Brand new homes around 2000+ sq ft out here are going about $300K+ I had a friend trying to buy recently, and her budget was $200k, she had the hardest time finding anything... she finally got a 1050 sq ft home for $200k in West Phoenix. What size are you looking for? Kids? A few more specifics would help.
Celeste R
on 12/19/05 2:22 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Darlene I live by you. I live here in Maricopa too. I moved here from Ca. I am renting here till my house is ready. I am living here in Ranch El Dorado. Maybe we can talk someday. I really want to meet other WlS patients out here. I was really invlved with a lot of other Oh members back in Ca. We used to go out to eat and have a really good time. I don't know if they do that out here. If not lets get it going so the we all can meet up. Well Darlene I hope to hear from you soon. Celeste
Darlene X
on 12/19/05 11:31 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Celeste!!! I really love Maricopa, we live in Acacia Crossings (Behind the Basha's). Where is your home being built??? I havent had surgery....yet. My Hubby has surgery 09/28. Im contemplating having WLS next year. Im waiting to make sure my insurance still covers it next year. If it does.... I think Im going to.... Darlene. Hubby: 520/428/200
FakeBake
on 12/7/05 10:03 am - AZ
Susie, Do you like to live in the pines? Out in open fields? You can buy some pretty cheap houses.. you just have to know where to look! Phoenix is very hot during the summer, Prescott Is nice, Flagstaff is nice. Do you want land? Just things to think about! best wishes Tara
Most Active