MY SISTER IN LAW HAS A DATE!!!!

Sondra J. S.
on 12/6/05 3:47 pm - Show Low, AZ
My sister in law has been trying for the last 2 years or more, spending 200+ sick hours from work trying to get the surgery and had trouble with financing, and her insurance kept denying her and had to do the merry go round with them for soooo many years she just felt hopeless and felt like this would never happen for her, but GUESS WHAT!?!?!?!?!?! She is going to Tijuana on Friday the 16th to have her lap band done, yes I know you see Tijuana and think the worst, well, she has done her homework on the doctor and he was U.S. trained and has had extensive amount of patitents and even gave here phone numbers and e-mail address of them (with their permission of course) so she would feel more at ease with her decision in choosing him as a Dr. So, we are flying out on the 15th from Show Low to go to Phoenix, then from Phoenix to San Diego and someone will pick us up in San Diego and Tijuana is just 20 min from San Diego, I didn't know that!! lol, and we'll have a day of shopping before she has her surgery, then she'll be released Sat. Morning, we'll stay at a 5 star hotel and if she feels like it we'll go shopping in Tijuana and we are planning on leaving Tijuana and going back to San Diego to catch our flight to Phoenix on Monday the 19th then catch our flight to Show Low then on to home, How cool is that for her!!!! I'll be next, then we will have to have a HUGE sale on our clothes as we are very close to the same size. I took her out for her "Last Supper" tonight, we went to "The Native New Yorker" here in town, she had a Philly Cheesesteak sandwich and french fries and a brownie sundae, oh that sundae was good, I'll miss those, lol......Liquids from here on out for her!!!! I start my strict diet of very low fat low carb also, my choice. YAY FOR MY SIS IN LAW!!!!! Sondra
JRinAZ
on 12/7/05 1:16 am - Layton, UT
I sincerely want to give my congratulations BUT...I am worried for her! My brother and sister in-law went to a reputable surgeon in Tiajuana as well for their lap bands. Because they would not be there locally for a fill....they over filled my brothers and he has been stuck way up in Idaho as miserable as can be for almost 2 years. My sister in-law hardly had a fill and has only lost 25 pounds...... I work for Dr. Simpson and he gets many of the patients that have had their lap bands done in Mexico and "fixes" them. A couple of his patients had great lap bands done there and just went to Dr. S for their follow-up and for their fills. So, it's sa bit of a risk for sure but I certainly understand being in the position of choosing a slow death from obesity or reaching for a possible life saving procedure! I will keep her in my prayers that she is one of the best patients ever done in Mexico!!!!! .......Safe travels and keep us posted! *holidya hugs to you both* Joyce in Chandler
FakeBake
on 12/7/05 3:43 am - AZ
Sondra, I am Very happy for her, but also very worried at the same time! Hope she has a safe surgery and fast recovery! Best wishes Tara
Most Active