WE JOINED A GYM!!!!

Darlene X
on 12/3/05 10:13 am - Maricopa, AZ
YAY Im so excited. I know its time we get exersising, I know it will help Hubby a ton after his surgery.... I must say I hate being there, all these fit and thin people, Im sure they are staring at me like..."Oh yeah here goes the fat girl". We went all out too, joined Lifetime Fitness--- an expensive Gym but sooo worth it!!! It has 2 indoor pools, 1 outdoor heated pool, private showers, 2 huge jacuzzis, steam rooms, sauna's, basketball courts, tennis courts, rock climbing, leather couches and a huge flat screen TV in the changing rooms LOL Its beautiful!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now maybe I can get a bit of weight off while I look into surgery for myself..
Sondra J. S.
on 12/3/05 3:53 pm - Show Low, AZ
Darlene, My fiance and I belong to Bodyworks here in Show Low, we both love it!! I can't go as much as I would like to due to my bad ankle and this pesky little thing called college, lol, yeah 18 credit hours can do that to you, lol, also on Student Government and in participate a lot in my honor society's community projects. In essence, we have been members for over a year now, our gym has an indoor pool, a sauna, steam room in each bathroom both men and womens, a spa and massage therapist, raquetball courts, and a aerobic room, not quite as nice as y'all's gym, but it works for us. lol, I think it's wonderful that you have joined and enjoy it, as for the girls looking at you, ignore them, they're just jealous that they don't have as handsome of a man as we do...."snickers in knowledge" It's all in self perception, in knowledge that you are doing this for yourself, not for what other people think of you....You are beautiful just the way you are.... So next time they look at you, just look right back at them with a great big smile on your face :tounge: lol and say "Beautiful day isn't it?" They'll be shocked that you are so happy after working out so hard "I know I'm not" lol.....I like to ride the bikes for upwards of 4 miles or more, it kills my ankle, but what else can I do? I sit there with the little book holder thingy on the bike and read my Psychology text and away I go....lol I wish both of you all the luck in the world in your new excursion, keep us all updated and posted on your expierences and ups and downs at your new gym. Sondra
Darlene X
on 12/3/05 11:50 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Well we went last night for the first time!!!!! We couldnt wait---it was more of a look around than a workout though. We went at 8.15pm, nice and quiet... had so much fun, I tried some treadmill & bike, and that aliptical (sp?) thing--- boy is that hard!!! Then we went swimming and spent some time in the jacuzzi!!! Its so nice!!! Its was very quiet, the way I want it... one of the personal trainers came up and introduced himself.... of course Im sure as he does to everyone to drum up business, but it was nice of him to say Hi. We plan on starting slow, going 3 times a week Mon, Wed, Fri morning before work.... Our best friends are thinking of joining, so that would be awesome because my friend Deena isnt thin either LOL, and we could work out together, plus on Saturdays go and just have fun at the pool & Jacuzzi if we wanted hehehehe
Kathy S.
on 12/5/05 6:25 am - PHX, AZ
Good for both of you !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Back in the day I was a gym rat - five days a week before I injured my back on vacation. I belong to Pure Fitness but haven't really utilized it because they have no pool or jacuzzi. Do they have water aerobics classes? I lost a lot of weight years ago doing that. Keep us posted how you like working out there. Keep up the good work and stay motivated! Kathy
Darlene X
on 12/5/05 6:28 am - Maricopa, AZ
Yeah Im excited about their Hydro class (water aerobics)--- They have one 3 times a week. They have one at 8.15am Saturday morning which is perfect for me!!!!
Most Active