Hi, I'm new here

realitytv
on 11/25/05 8:34 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Hi, I'm new to this website but not new to WLS. I had WLS in April with Dr. Juarez out of St. Luke's. I've lost over 100 pounds so far and I had no complications. I was on six different kind of medications pre-op and now I am on NO medications. Having WLS changed my life and this has been quite a year to say the least. I just wish I had known about this wonderful site ages ago. It would've really helped me ages ago. I belonged to an AOL message board for WLS, and it was nice, but I like this site better and it has a range of message boards and topics and all that fun stuff. Look forward to posting on here and getting to know everyone. I hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. This was my first guilt-free Thanksgiving. I actually woke up this morning to a pound lost from yesterday, so that's something!! Wow. Okay, have a good weekend folks. Jack
FakeBake
on 11/25/05 1:56 pm - AZ
Jack, Welcome.. congrats on your weight loss, that is just terrifi****ep up the great work! look forward to reading more of your posts! Best wishes Tara
sallyann
on 11/25/05 10:13 pm - page, AZ
Hello Jack.. Im so happy for you! Im working hard to have the surgery in March 2006. I would love to be down 100 lbs in a year. How did you do for Thanksgiving? I would love to hear about your eating choices, did you plan the meal? cook? Its great to hear that you had NO complications from the surgery or adjusting to the new way of life. Best wishes to you in the coming year and for great success! Sally
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/26/05 5:36 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Jack! Glad to meet you! Yes, this site has a lot of stuff to do -- I especially like cruising the profiles. Very inspirational. Juarez did my surgery too and have had no problems at all. Keep posting! SHeryl
cynthia E.
on 11/29/05 3:48 am - buckeye, AZ
Jack; Welcom aboard! Sounds like you doing great. I was nerves about Thanksgiving this year. I had a bit of this and a bit of that. I think by the end of the day I did have some of everything. My family was calling me a moocher. I would take a bite of everyone's plate. I didn't care. It worked for me. Dr. was also my surgeon. Today is my 1 year anniversary. I am down 90lbs. My family kept saying that I was tiny. I just laughed at them. I live here in Buckeye and my family lives NM. They are not used to seeing me so it was a shock for most of them on Thursday. Anyway, good luck and keep up the good work Cynthia
Most Active