Virginia Petry UPDATE

Sheryl Tilley
on 11/23/05 7:59 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! Please say a prayer or two for Virginia. I called the hospital to talk to her a few hours after surgery and she is in the ICU. The nurse said she is stable and that was all she could tell me. She said she didn't know when she would be out of there. She'll make it -- her attitude was great going in and she has researched this well. Hugs to Virginia! SHeryl
Trisha
on 11/23/05 8:11 am - Glendale, AZ
I just called the hospital as well and she'll still in ICU. Sometimes surgeons have patients put in there as a precautionary measure like if they are on a CPAP machine or something going in. So I'm sure she's okay. Nurse gave me the "stable" answer as well. I gave Virginia my cell phone number so one of her family members could call me today and let me know how she is doing so I can let you all know, but I haven't received any phone calls yet today. I was going to go by and visit her in the hospital tomorrow afternoon but if she is in ICU, they won't let me in there because I'm not family. So we'll just see how everything goes. As I find out info, I'll pass it on. I prayed for her today and am thinking about her. Hugs, Trisha
Celeste R
on 11/23/05 2:56 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Sheryl I'll be praying for Virginia. A lot of people have to go to ICU after surgery. It seems like most of the time it is due to breathing problems that get better quick. Please keep us posted. Celeste
VeeKay
on 11/24/05 1:31 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
I feel like I am sitting on pins and needles waiting for an update on Virginia. I sure hope she is OKAY, that whole ICU thing really freaks me out. I have been and will continue to pray for her...PLEASE as soon as someone hears something, please post. Vee
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/25/05 7:58 am - Prescott, AZ
I talked to Virginia today. They took her out of ICU today and she is in room 613 A at St. Luke's. She had some problems with a hernia, ulcer and then instead of LAP they did an OPEN. Hugs! Sheryl
rew1824
on 11/27/05 11:59 am - Philadelphia, PA
Hi Sheryl I am a friend of Virginia's from the BMI over 50 board. We are all concerned for Virginia as none of us have heard anything yet. How is she doing? Is St. Luke's in Chandler, AZ? I would love to call her at the hospital. Please let her know we are all here anxiously waiting for her return. Hugs from her Twin, Ruth
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/29/05 1:49 am - Prescott, AZ
HI Ruth! St. Luke's Medical Center is in Phoenix, AZ: (602) 251-8100. She is in room 613. As of her third day there they hadn't gotten her up to walk yet and she said she felt 'crappy'. I haven't heard anything more. Hugs! SHeryl
Most Active