WAITING......FOR THE ANSWER

Kathy S.
on 11/20/05 9:29 am - PHX, AZ
Hi all! Dr Blackstone's office submitted to my insurance late 11/10/05 ....and it seems like an ETERNITY. I am hoping to know next week. It looks like the insurance isn't changing in 2006 but I still am calling to verify. That being said, assuming all is approved.....Would you take a surgery date before Christmas if available or wait til January? I'm about to burst!!!! Kathy
Ginger
on 11/20/05 3:04 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Kathy, It's good that your insurance isn't changing in 2006. I know that having surgery before Christmas is pretty lousy timing but.....If I were you..and it's offered..I'd take the soonest possible date...that way your going into 2006 with a new lease on life. Besides...I'd be too worried that the insurance company could change their minds about wls and what they decide to cover. My son had wls Feb of 2004. He had no problems getting approved. I had 10 months of hoop jumping and extra criteria to complete, and we had the exact same insurance provider..just a year apart. See what I mean??? Take care..hope you hear something this week...how about tommorrow????? Hugs! Virginia
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/21/05 2:33 am - Prescott, AZ
HI Kathy! I would take it before Christmas -- what a great gift to yourself. I'm not kidding -- this was the best thing I ever did for myself and I'd do it again in a heartbeat! And yes, insurance does have a way of changing and cutting things out -- I waited and struggled getting this insurance and all the hoops I jumped through for two years! Hugs! Sheryl 320/294/150
Trisha
on 11/21/05 6:20 am - Glendale, AZ
Oh, this is exciting!! If I were you, I'd jump at the first date they could get you in. Why wait, ya know? Insurance companies are usually pretty quick about approving and such, so it shouldn't be long!! Keep us posted! Trisha Down 115 lbs since March PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Pamela E.
on 11/21/05 6:52 am - Buckeye, AZ
Do it NOW!! The sooner you can get started the better. My surgery was with Dr. Blackstone on Sept. 28th, so my holidays will be much different than usual, but I'm OK with that. I know next year will be better, so I can sacrifice a little now. I'm down 42 lbs, and just 7 1/2 weeks out. Good luck, and go for the GUSTO!! Pam 250/208 (goal: 150)
Most Active