4 DAY POST- OP QUESTION

dmwilson
on 11/20/05 2:35 am - tucson, AZ
I have a small concern, this morning I had two bowel movements with blood, has anyone else experience this? I called Dr. Burpee and spoke to him he says It may be normal to watch how I feel, my temp and the amount of blood. Has anyone delt with this?
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/20/05 3:40 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Diane! Glad you're home. No -- I didn't have any blood in bowel movements. Watch it closely. Also try going onto your Nov 2005 forum and ask there. Hugs! Sheryl
dmwilson
on 11/20/05 8:57 am - tucson, AZ
Thanks for your feed back sheryl, but I feel a little silly now I paniced to soon. I started my menstral cycle and that's what It is,being that I had a period earlier this month I had no idea that it could be that.I guess with this surgery kinda throws the body for a loop. LOL! SEE YA! Diane
Trisha
on 11/21/05 6:22 am - Glendale, AZ
Blood in bowel if it's loose bowel can be a concern. Constipation type bowels with blood are usually normal because it is breaking veins to get through. So which is it? Loose stool or hard stool? I know I'm being frank, welcome the the wonderful world of post-op. Good thing to call your surgeon. If it continues call him again because you should not be bleeding down there normally. Trisha Down 115 lbs since March PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Marilyn C.
on 11/24/05 1:17 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi Diane, Welcome to the other side. You will be amazed at the changes your body goes through over the mnext year. I agree with Trisha, You should not be bleeding in that area, If it continues, there could be a very serious problem. If it truly is from your Period, than, don't worry. With the anathesia still working out of your system, & still healing from the surgury itself, if you have anymore bleeding, than don't wait, Call your Dr.s office again. Follow Doc's Rules, & you will be just fine. Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active