I'm looking for an Angel...

Ginger
on 11/19/05 12:28 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi everybody, My surgery is going to be this Wednesday with Dr. Fang at St. Lukes. My family members will probably bom-bard the hospital..so I know that I won't be totally alone....Is anybody planning on having their surgery there that day or the day before??? I'd love to touch base with someone out there in Obesityhelp-land (is that anything like Disneyland??) Anyways...starting to feel a little freaked out..and believe me...I was doing remarkably well. It came on right out of the blue today. I guess that is normal??? Isn't it???? Hugs and Smiles, Virginia
JRinAZ
on 11/19/05 1:52 pm - Layton, UT
Hey there! If you are the girlfriend that I think I know then I would LOVE to be one of your Angels!!!! I'll be having a houseful of company this coming week but I'll definitely give a call and see how you're doing! ..... You've got a great surgeon; are with a great hospital program and will have an amazing support system all set for you! .....How bout joining us at the Chandler Support mtg on Tuesday before you do your "fleet party"?!!!!! We would LOVE to give you some major pep talks the night before the BIG re-birth!.......Skinny wishes to you sweetie pie for a healthy and uneventful surgery! ......You will LOVE being a LOSER!!!! *smiles* Joyce
Ginger
on 11/21/05 12:51 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Joyce, I missed talking to you at conference. I wanted to tell you about my good news!! I'm starting my "fleet party" Tuesday afternoon sooooo I don't think I'll be going too far from my very own bathroom, if you know what I mean. Thanks for the invite to the Chandler Support Meeting anyways...I'll be checking you guys out soon though....Have a wonderful Thanksgiving with your family.....any grandkids yet???? Hugs, Ginger
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/20/05 6:44 am - Prescott, AZ
HI Virginia! Don't dwell on it -- just go forward. You're going to do great! I live in Prescott or I'd come down there but I will call you at the hospital and see how you're doing. Very ---- VERY soon you are going to be a LOSER! I am so happy for you. I'm already down 26 pounds! And pretty soon you will be too! Hugs! Sheryl
VeeKay
on 11/20/05 12:15 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Hey Shery, how come I don't see you at the PV support group? I have been going for a couple of weeks now, and the folks there are super nice. I met Anna there last week. They are not having a meeting this Wednesday, cause of the holiday, but they are having one next week, and I am gonna have my "before" picture taken,,,yikes!! Only 15 more days and a wake up for me,,,(unless my MIDDLE son now passes on his illness to me,,,,it never ends............ahhhhhhhh) How are you doing? Any problems? offensive foods? How much have you lost?? Vee
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/21/05 2:41 am - Prescott, AZ
HI Vee! I'm doing great! Down from 320 to 294! I'd like to go to the PV group. Maybe the next time it meets. I went to Wal-Mart last night and it was c-o-l-d by the time I got home. I'll just wrap up. I haven't had any problems at all -- the only offensive food has been refried beans which causes just a slight ache for me -- have lost 26 pounds. I think that's slow compared to what I've read online. But I guess I shouldn't compare my loss to others. I'm satisfied. Anytime you'd like to call -- or anybody else -- I am at 928-445-1335. If the kids keep giving you their colds and flu -- sell them on Ebay. hahaha! Hugs! Sheryl
VeeKay
on 11/21/05 7:12 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
That is great Sheryl, that is 26 pounds that you will never again have to loose,,,GOOD FOR YOU!!,,The next meeting is on Nov 30, it would be so cool if you could get there, that will be my last pre op meeting, as our next meeting is Dec 7th and I am scheduled for Dec 6th, if my hubby is back up here, he will probably go to the meeting to update everyone. Thats is great that you haven't had any problems, thats my biggest worry. What part of town do you live in? We are in the heart of the construction on Navajo...grrrr!!!! I can't believe my middle son is sick now, I swear if he gives it to me I am gonna donate them to Goodwill the heck with ebay!!!!! LOLOLOLOL Vee
Kathy S.
on 11/20/05 9:35 am - PHX, AZ
Virginia, Wishing you and safe,uncomplicated start to your journey to the "losing side". I can't imagine how I'll feel approaching the date of my surgery. God Bless You! Kathy
Trisha
on 11/21/05 6:31 am - Glendale, AZ
I'll be your angel!! I'm so excited for you!! I love that your surgery is the day before Thanksgiving. You are going to be on the losing side during the holidays this year and will be entering the new year at a lower weight and better health!!! So exciting! Don't freak out. Stay positive and know that WLS is a good thing and only good things will come from it. I'll be out on Thanksgiving day seeing a movie with some family that afternoon so I plan to drop by to say hello. It'll be sometime that afternoon. I'll send you a private e-mail with my phone number that a family member can call on Wednesday to let me know how your surgery went, what room you are in and just an update on you so I can let the board know. Congrats on your surgery!!! We are rooting for your 200% and are very happy and excited for you!! You are never alone! Trisha Down 115 lbs since March PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Ginger
on 11/22/05 12:09 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Trisha, Thank you for being so sweet to me and for being such an inspiration to us all..pre-op and posties! Hugs, Viginia (I'm so nervous I spelled my own name wrong!)
Most Active