Angel Update - Diane Wilson

Trisha
on 11/18/05 1:20 am - Glendale, AZ
***************************** ANGEL UPDATE ***************************** Just spoke with Diane and she is doing great. She is being discharged today to go home. She experienced nausea from the anethesia on Wednesday and Thursday. She also experienced gas pain in her neck, shoulder and back from the air they put in her during surgery. I reassured her that all that goes away within a few days, but it is quite painful in some people. I remember having that gas pain in my neck and shoulders for 1-2 weeks post-op. Maybe it was just a week. I remember calling my surgeon about it because I thought the pain should've subsided after a few days and wondered if I should go to ER or something. Guess gas takes longer to get out of some people than others. Who knows. (He just told me to take Gas-X. LOL Here I thought I was dying and he's like - oh take some gas-x. I'm like that's it??? LOL) Anyway, but all these little post-op pains do go away after a few days and then you just feel normal and even wonder if you had the surgery or not. It's great because you aren't really hungry either. Ahh.....memories! But she is doing much better today than she did her first day or two and is ready to go home. She mentioned that two other people on this board had WLS at the same hospital she was at (Northwest Medical Center). Cool! Trisha
anna
on 11/19/05 7:08 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Thanks Trisha, Glad Diane is doing good.. Hugs, Anna
Elaine C
on 11/19/05 7:51 am - TUCSON, AZ
Thanks Trisha Glad to hear she is doing better. Elaine Charton
Most Active