change of insurance

simply_jess
on 11/17/05 3:00 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I just needed to type this out. I get my insurance through my mother's company because I am a full time student. We had PHCS and my mother thought her company would keep them but the other day the company had a pow wow on the new insurance, Great West. I don't know why I am freaking out about this, my surgeon is covered, Dr. Zahn. I just am right at the point almost, where I have done everything on the checklist (two more weeks to apply) and I am so concerned. I am sure this is probably just me freaking out but I am freaked. It's just this added to my fears of the insurance's decision when it comes down to that. I thought, or at least, I felt comfortable with having PHCS as my insurance and now it's like Great West, I hardly knew yee. eesh, I need to just breathe and be levelheaded but shouldn't I be freaking out and overly concerned over an important matter like this? I have no one to talk about this to, that gets it at least, except my mother. I'm really looking for some support and someone to slap me in the face and tell me to breathe lol. thanks -jess
cynthia E.
on 11/18/05 2:36 am - buckeye, AZ
Jess; I have greatwest. I just got on the insurance wesite. There is a Darwin Zahn covered under the plan for both POS and HMO. If this is the same surgeon, you should be ok. You might have your mom check to see what the requirements are for Greatwest and the surgery. I am now 11 months post op. I had to have several things done before the surgery was approved. If I remember correctly it was a phyc evaluation, monitored diet history, medical problems related to obesity. There might have been some more things. Anyway, to be safe then sorry get the information from the insurance company. Then you can see what you have already done and may still need to do. When I had my surgery last year I had the pos plan. I had not out of pocket expenses. The only I had to pay for was the Doctors co-pay. Now I have the HMO and I think I would have a hospital co-pay now as well as the doctors. They were great. I was approved in less then a week from submittal and had the surgery 30 days later. Hopefully yours will be just as smooth! Hope this helps. Let me know if you have any more questions. Cynthia RNY,11/29/04,-90lbs
Most Active