Need help with puree phase

Sheryl Tilley
on 11/15/05 4:04 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! Can a few of you post your meal plans so that I can see some variety to eat? PLEASEEEEEEEEEE??????? Thanks. I am stuck in a rut of same old-same old. I miss gulping water. I used to chug a couple of bottles a day and now it's sip sip sip. Weight loss has come to a halt but the doc said that was so the body can adjust. Hugs! SHeryl
(deactivated member)
on 11/15/05 6:44 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Sheryl - just wait - you will be able to gulp water soon! I started at about 3 months post op - and I was sooooooooo happy! Hang in there w/the pureed yuckies - its only for a short while! Have fun!
Trisha
on 11/15/05 11:15 am - Glendale, AZ
My weight loss came to a halt about 2-3 weeks post-op because I had lost almost 30 lbs and my body was in shock and wondering what was going on. So it's normal. You'll have small stalls like this along the way, hang in there!! Here are some pureed foods I ate post-op. Key is to make sure it's VERY MOIST otherwise it'll get "stuck" in your esophagus and you'll have to throw it up. No fun. * Cream of _____ soups * Oatmeal (ok to season it) * Instant Grits (get the flavored kind) * Chicken or tuna salad pureed and very moist * Refried Beans * Cottage Cheese * Mashed potatoes * Green Beans (mashed or pureed) * Cheese * Wendy's Chili, any canned chili * Ground meat in sauce (sloppy joes, taco seasoning, marinara sauce) You'll be able to chug water again. The first month or so you really need to do sips because you are still healing. In a month or two you'll be able to chug water down like normal. I have for several months now. It's just the "one sip, one swallow" rule the first month or so as your pouch heals. Trisha
Most Active