Thanksgiving Potluck!!

Trisha
on 11/14/05 12:08 am - Glendale, AZ
You are invited to participate in the Thanksging WLS Friendly Potluck this Satruday at the PhoenixWLS support group!! We'll have our meeting from 10:15-Noon as usual, then we'll be enjoying food and fun with our potluck and clothing exchange! You can bring any kind of food to the potluck - it doesn't have to be the typical "thanksgiving" type foods. Like me, I'm bringing a shrimp ****tail platter. Yummy! Bring what you can tolerate. Even if it's soup in a crock pot! I just ask that there be no high sugar foods. Other than that, anything goes!! The Support Group meets at Banner Estrella Medical Center (9201 W. THomas) which is right off the I-10 Loop and right off the 101-Loop. Park at main entrance of hospital, and you'll see signs to the conference room that is RIGHT OFF the parking lot! It's great - so closeb by, plus I'll have signs up. (PhoenixWLS) 10:15-Noon is Support Group Meeting. Noon - 1pm is Potluck and clothing exchange!! If you'd like to bring something to the potluck, here's some choices or you can bring something else. We'll have outlets available to keep stuff warm if needed. =============================================================== If you would like to participate in this Saturday's PhoenixWLS Thanksgiving Potluck, please hit REPLY to this email/post to sign up for what you will bring! Any kind of food is fine, except no high sugar or deep fried foods please. Let's keep it WLS Friendly, but that doesn't necessarily mean "no-fat, no-taste!". Here are some suggestions for what you can bring. The Thanksgiving potluck will take place immediately after the support group meeting this Saturday. We'll also be having a clothing exchange for those interested. (Please note - small plates, utensils, ice and cups will be provided). I will bring a shrimp ****tail platter. Here are some other ideas you can either make or buy at a restaurant somewhere (i.e. Boston Market, El Pollo Loco, etc.): * Deviled Eggs * Crackers & Cheese * Turkey * Mashed potatoes * Stuffing * Yams/Sweet potatoes * Green Bean Casserole * Meat Loaf * Chicken * Baked Beans * Tossed salad and dressing * Sugar Free Dessert (any kind!) * Sugar free beverage pitcher (any kind) * Mixed fresh fruit * Cottage cheese and fruit * Cream of ______ soup (any kind) * Chili * Cheese wrapped in deli meat * Anything else!!! * Everything else!! Hit REPLY to let us know what you will be bringing!!!! And you can bring something that is not on this list, I was just helping those out that dont' know what to bring. Trisha Down 115 lbs since March PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
(deactivated member)
on 11/14/05 12:21 am - Phoenix, AZ
What a neat idea! I will definitely be there - not sure what dish I will bring yet. I will let you know later in the week. Thank you for organizing this - it sounds like fun! See you Saturday!
Ginger
on 11/14/05 7:29 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi Trish and everybody! Oh you guys...Yummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm! Wish I could join ya........gonna have to trade the pot-luck for chicken broth and jello! Have fun everybody.. Virginia
Trisha
on 11/15/05 11:26 am - Glendale, AZ
This is BEFORE your surgery though! (11/19) You could still make it!! Trisha
Most Active