ferrous gluconate iron 324 mg

Sandy in Tucson
on 11/12/05 9:09 am - Tucson, AZ
Has anyone taken this? It was ordered by Emile for me yesterday because my blood work, the iron levels were a little low normal. The pill is round and green sugar coated. Does it absorb? I took it on a empty tummy...omg I got sick fast. I will call the pharmacy tomorrow on how I should take it. I threw all the literature away. Not real smart!!! Is anyone else taking this prescription for iron? Sandy in Tucson
Kathy S.
on 11/12/05 10:03 am - PHX, AZ
Sandy, I have not taken Ferrous Gluconate but I am a licensed Pharmacy Technician. Did you take this with a full glass of water? If you have stomach upset it can be taken after meals or with food. I would call your PA up and advise him/her of what happened. Even store bought Iron sups can cause havoc on the stomach. Maybe you would tolerate a liquid form of an iron supplement better. Hope you feel better! Kathy
Sandy in Tucson
on 11/12/05 11:08 am - Tucson, AZ
TY for the reply....I used some water...but was afraid it would pass my stomach to fast...I guess it sat there and made me ill. Next time, more water. ty. I will call on Monday.....to ask a few questions about this Rx...Sandy in Tucson
Trisha
on 11/12/05 11:19 am - Glendale, AZ
You can always go to www.webmd.com and do a search for the medicine name and it'll give you details on the medicine. I always throw my "info sheet" away too when i get meds, but go to webmd.com if I need more info on a med. I'm not sure how, but yes, our bodies can absorb pills even though things go through our system quick. Not sure where it goes or how it works, but it does. I take a sleeping pill each night (Ambien) and it's a tiny thing and it works but I wonder how too because things just go right through me. I hope the iron supplement helps your blood levels. Just a note of warning....iron causes constipation. Have some milk of magnesia on hand just in case that happens. Also, calcium cancels out iron. So don't take iron pill with milk, cheese, yogurt or calcium pills because they both negate each other. Trisha PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Most Active