Anybody going to St. Luke's?

Ginger
on 11/11/05 11:59 am - Chandler, AZ
Hi everybody! I'm gonna be a St. Luke's three times next week. Pre-op testing on Monday the 14th. Teaching Day on Tuesday,and Thursday, Dr. Fang is doing an EDG (scope) on Thursday at noon. Next Wednesday, Nov. 23rd is my surgery date. Is anybody planning on being at the hospital on any of those dates?? It would be fun to meet you..I mean if you were gonna be there anyway.... Have a great week-end everyone! Hugs, Virginia
Sandy in Tucson
on 11/11/05 12:05 pm - Tucson, AZ
Sorry, I was at St. Lukes today and saw Emile the PA for Dr. Fang. My iron is low, but still in the normal range...he put me on a Rx for iron supplements. Sandy in Tucson 146 lbs down
Ginger
on 11/11/05 8:59 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Sandy, Sorry your iron is low. Do you feel tired all the time because of it. I take iron.....would I need to continue that post-op? It's a tiny little pill..but very bitter...don't think it would be too good to crush..if you know what I mean. You are doing absolutely great with 145 lbs down....quite an inspiration for a pre-op like me! Take care! Virginia
Trisha
on 11/12/05 11:23 am - Glendale, AZ
Dr Fang is doing your EGD? Wow!! Cool! Don't worry about it. You won't feel a thing because they put you in a twilight sleep (heavy sleep for 10 mins) and you wake up and it's done. Wow, you are having your surgery a day before Thanksgiving!! Cool! You are going to wake up on Thanksgiving with a LOT to be thankful for!! Dr. Fang rocks (he was my surgeon). I will try to come see you on Thanksgiving to say hi and see how you are doing and report it back here to the board. Congrats on your upcoming surgery!! Trisha PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Ginger
on 11/12/05 12:52 pm - Chandler, AZ
Hi Trisha, Hey, it will be great to meet you....if you are not able to make it...that's o.k. I'd hate to pull you away from spending Thanksgiving with your family and friends. I think Dr. Fang rocks too! He did my son's lap RNY 21 months ago. Glad you guys (the AZ board) are in my corner. It is one thing being the mom..worrying about the surgery...and it's another thing to be the one having the surgery yourself...(if that makes sence) Do you know if the hospital cafeteria will be open on Thanksgiving...my family might need to hop on over to KFC for their Thanksgiving feast! Hugs Virginia
Most Active