Sheryl - ??? about your RING

Trisha
on 11/10/05 9:54 am - Glendale, AZ
So did you ask Dr. Juarez at your post-op appointment what the ring was and why you got it? Did he say why he puts it in some patients and not others? I have ring envy!! LOL I want a ring!!! Trisha PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/11/05 2:21 am - Prescott, AZ
hI Trisha! I sure did ask him. It is a 21 mm ring implant and he says it's something new they are using as a 'guide' to staple around. Pretty expensive guide for $13 Grand, huh? Did you get me that other website URL? I'd love to have it. I bop around on a few websites. Hugs! SHeryl
shellybug
on 11/11/05 8:15 am - Gilbert, AZ
I have a ring too...neener neener neener.....j/k If it's the same as Sheryl, my surgeon uses a silastic band (ring) around the opening of the pouch to the small intestine...to maintain the size and ensure nothing bigger than that band goes through...and that it doesn't stretch...anothe reason to chew chew chew. He says it is about the circumference of your pinky....I don't know exact measurements, I'll have to check.
Most Active