1ST VISIT TO SURGEON!!!!

Sondra J. S.
on 11/9/05 1:31 pm - Show Low, AZ
Hey everyone, Today was my first visit with Dr. Alderige in Flagstaff (good grief it's beautiful there) (and he's easy on the eyes) Sooooooooooooo we talked for over an hour and he is very easy to talk to, he explained how the surgery is done and how the staples and sutures go in for both lap and gastric bypass, unfourtanely my ins. will only cover the gastric bypass, oh well. Sooo, he explained everything in detail.....we went over different kinds of surgeries, techniques, times in OR, hospital stay, and yes even how long before we (my fiance and I that is, lol) can have sex. I was and am VERY impressed with his demeanor and he is only 36....He is still working under Dr. Berger and they do the surgeries together as a team for right now since Dr. Alderige is still wanting to learn more, don't get me wrong he knows what he is doing, just wants to be more sure of himself before he goes gung ho on people if you get what I mean....lol.....Nancy the Nurse was very helpful and gave me a lot of information that I needed and I even walked away with a Dec 2nd appt for my Psych eval, which will be pretty easy for me being a psychology major and all, lol, and a appt. with a nutritionist.... all in the same day....we are going to make a huge weekend out of it, taking the kids (our niece and nephew) up to Flag with us to the mall for Christmas shopping and then on the way home to Meteor Crater that'd be way cool.....I am sooooooo tired 2 1/2 hrs is a long drive to drive lol and it can take longer depending on the time of day you drive it. I am just so excited to get the ball rolling FINALLY it will happen, now I need to start saving money to get my mom out here from Mo. when I have the surgery so she can be with me he hee.... RUNS AROUND SINGING "HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY, HAPPY HAPPY JOY JOY" Sondra Weighed in at 313.2 today, on my way to much healthier and smaller YAY!!
Trisha
on 11/10/05 8:46 am - Glendale, AZ
Congrats on your surgical consult!! Sounds like it went great!! My insurance only covered RNY as well, which I am glad of. I had over 200 pounds to lose and I think Lapbands are for 'lightweights" with less than that to lose. So RNY is good and I didn't have any complications and I'm 8 months out now and down about 115 lbs. No regrets! How far is the hospital from your home? In regard to sex, make sure you double up on birth control because I've heard that we become VERY fertile as we are losing weight. Just keep that in mind! I have a woman in my support group that got pregnant 1 month after surgery. There's even a post-op pregnancy board on here. So just keep that in mind! Congrats on your pre-op progress!! Trisha PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
shellybug
on 11/10/05 9:05 am - Gilbert, AZ
Congratulations on getting the ball rolling. It's so important to have confidence in your surgeon, it sounds like you do. I had the RNY done 2 weeks ago, and things are going great! Hopefully over the next few months, your appointments will go smoothly and before you know it, you'll have a date! Keep us updated!
Most Active