SUGGESTIONS PLEASE

dmwilson
on 11/9/05 8:07 am - tucson, AZ
I need suggestions on drinking the wonderful FLEET.I know many of u have mixed it with another drink. HELP! Diane Wilson
Sheryl Tilley
on 11/9/05 8:51 am - Prescott, AZ
I mixed and drank it with orange mountain dew. Drink it in about one cup of MD and read or do something to keep your mind off it so you don't throw up. Good luck! Sheryl
dmwilson
on 11/9/05 9:46 am - tucson, AZ
LOL, Thanks Sheryl sounds yummy. Diane
Trisha
on 11/9/05 12:59 pm - Glendale, AZ
Okay, I'm not going to sugar coat it for you because I can only tell you from MY personal experience. I was told to mix it with my favorite drink because the taste is nasty and the drink would help "coat" the fleet flavor. OMG..... I mixed it with Dr. Pepper (my fave drink) and omg....it was HORRIBLE. I even used a straw to get it down quicker and it still took longer and I tried plugging my nose but it was just so nasty. I'm sorry, but that's the frank truth. If you survive that (which you will) the surgery is a walk in the park. Honestly, the HARDEST part of my WLS journey was that mix. So hang in there!! Drink it fast, use a straw, plug your nose and send it down the hatch. We've all been there. Then you'll spend the next few hours in the bathroom. I weighed 376 on surgery day, but I think I lost 10 lbs the night before from that mix. It was like will this ever end? LOL (it does...just takes a few hours) Make sure you take ALL the mixture because you want to be ALL cleaned out down there. Not doing so could result in death in surgery. Seriously. So do what you have to do and no less. Even though it's not a pleasant experience, it's worth it. Trisha PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
dmwilson
on 11/9/05 1:08 pm - tucson, AZ
Thanks Trish for the honest truth LOL! I feel that I don't need the Fleet anymore because you just scared the S**T out of me already LOL! (sorry) KIDDING thanks again I know I can handle it, heck I've given birth to two children LOL. Diane Wilson
Elaine C
on 11/10/05 3:31 am - TUCSON, AZ
Diane- Wish I could tell you an easy way. I mixed it with decaf ice tea, sweetened and it didn't tast as bad but it was still horrid. I started shaking when I read your note remembering that taste. I just swallowed and kep telling myself it could be worse, i could have to drink a gallon of go-lyetly.
Trisha
on 11/10/05 8:48 am - Glendale, AZ
OMG! Can you image if we had to intake more than the 3 oz? Ugh!! I guess it's not too bad considering the alternative. I just wish the taste didn't overpower the "good" drink it's mixed with. My last memory of my love Dr. Pepper was Trisha PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Most Active