compliment? i will take it!

Brandy H
on 11/9/05 3:55 am - Glendale, AZ
hi arizona just a little story for ya. so, i am 4 months post op (as of yesterday) and i am down 73lbs. i am feeling great and i have NO complaints. a funny thing happend this morning...i have a 4 year old little girl. and i took my shower and got all dressed and i walked out of my bathroom with my clothes on (no make up and my hair in a clippie) anyways, so i walk out of the bathroom into my bedroom and my daughter wanders into my room and exclaims, "wow momma! you are beautiful!! YOU AREN'T FAT ANYMORE!!!! you didn't want to be fat...and now you AREN'T...you are just regular sized and beautiful!" part of me wanted to hug her and the other part of me just wanted to sit on my bed and fall apart crying. i opted for the "thanks baby" and smiled at her. she just stood there staring at me and said, ""momma you are just so beautiful...you were beautiful before but now you are BEAUTIFULLER!" so, i will take it as a BIG compliment from a little girl. (backhanded as it might have been if it had come from an adult!) have a great day...i know i will now! brandy
Melissa P
on 11/9/05 7:07 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Brandy, First of all that is wonderful about your weight loss, 73 pounds in 4 months. Kids are so funny aren't they? Keep up the great work. You are beautiful! Take the compliments any way you can get them. You are truly an inspiration for me. Melissa
Brandy H
on 11/10/05 7:03 pm - Glendale, AZ
thank you, thank you and THANK YOU! brandy
Darlene X
on 11/9/05 7:54 am - Maricopa, AZ
YAY Brandy!!!!! -73lbs is awesome! I cant believe its been 4 months already??? It seems just like yesterday you were waiting for your date!! So when are we gonna get updated pictures huh????? Darlene
Brandy H
on 11/10/05 7:06 pm - Glendale, AZ
i know! time has flown in the last few months! as far as the updated pics i have some....i just don't know how to put them on my own profile without having OH do it for me. any suggestions? or do you want to come over and do it for me??!! lol thanks for the compliments! brandy
Trisha
on 11/9/05 1:04 pm - Glendale, AZ
Oh wow!!! That's awesome, Brandy!!! And you know kids. They don't sugar coat anything and they tell it like it is. So that's a huge compliment!!! Yay, Brandy!!! How sweet!! Congrats on 73 lbs!! WOW, girl!! You are shrinking!! I think you were around 60 lbs down the last time I saw you. I hope I recognize you when I see you again. Wow! Trisha PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Brandy H
on 11/10/05 7:08 pm - Glendale, AZ
hey trisha, thanks for the compliments...you are so positive! you are looking good too! and i am PRETTY sure that you will recognize me when you see me. lol. i am still me. just a little smaller. funny girl. brandy
Stephanie J.
on 11/9/05 1:23 pm - Tucson, AZ
Yep. Your new picture is lovely! So is yours too, by the way, Trisha! It's amazing to watch people morph as the pounds come pealing off. I also have children. I'm out about 18 months now and realized about a month ago when I drug out an old picture, that my youngest two (8 and 11 years old), didn't really remember that I had been so big. It's funny how quickly the image of who you were fades from people's minds and gets replaced almost completely with the new image. Pretty cool! - Stephanie
Brandy H
on 11/10/05 7:10 pm - Glendale, AZ
thank you... i just wish that our OWN image could get replaced as easily. i get at least 3 compliments a day from people on how good i look. and i see it when i get dressed and i am putting on 3 sizes smaller or when i go to do something physical and it isn't such a challenge...but i don't see it so much in the mirror. i know my face has changed but i keep waiting to see my body change. but i do like the compliments none the less. brandy
anna
on 11/10/05 12:01 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Brandy, that is so cool when it comes out of mouths of babes.... I know when my son told his friends look my mom is skinny..lol and he is 15 1/2 years old... My older kids have not seen me since July, the are out of state will see then at Xmas...I know they well be surprised when they see me. I am just now getting use to the compliment... congrats on your wt Ls...that is good! keep it up hugs, Anna 222/155
Most Active