$54,544.06!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sheryl Tilley
on 11/8/05 2:22 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! I got one of those things that says "THIS IS NOT A BILL" -- my surgery totaled $54,544.06. Every time I took a Paxil - it was $9.95; a 27 mm implant ring was $13,138.40; a bariatric stapeling kit was $4,762.67; Get this one: Flinstones chewable vitamins @ $6.50 apiece! That's more than the whole bottle costs! And when they flushed my IV - a little squirt of saline was $340.00. I wonder why they bill for blades and scalpels when you don't get to take them home? I could use them for craft projects I'm sure. LOL!! Seems like those should be a doctor's expense. Oh, well. At least I am post-op!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs! Sheryl
(deactivated member)
on 11/8/05 7:55 am - Phoenix, AZ
Wait until you start getting the other bills as well! The surgeon, the anaestethiologist (spelling?) the surgeons assistant.....it is amazing what the bills total, and how much our insurance writes off, versus actual paid to the providers! Hope you are doing well you newbie!!! Welcome to the club!!!
anna
on 11/8/05 9:25 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
lol..Sheryl mine was 60,000 and then just got statement for Oct 17 surgery......hold....on...lol.....all most $20,000.......with just 1 night stay ! thank god i am done...I hope... hugs, Anna
Kathy S.
on 11/8/05 10:01 am - PHX, AZ
YOU SHOULD SEE THE BILL FOR A HEART-DOUBLE LUNG TRANSPLANT !!!!!! $450,000.00 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WLS SURGERY IS A HUGE BARGAIN!!!! I THINK THOSE SURGICAL INSTRUMENTS MIGHT BE GREAT FOR CRAFTING HUH? DID YOU AT LEAST GET TO TAKE THE VITAMINS HOME? KEEP UP THE AWESOME POSTS SHERYL!!! MEND WELL AND QUICKLY! KATHY
Randi D.
on 11/9/05 12:12 am - Peoria, AZ
Yeah, mine was also incredible. Hospitals always try to rip off the insurance companies by overcharging for everything. Luckily, the insurance companies tell them we will pay only for what's usual and customary. My doctor also does this. She charges $500 for an office visit, but insurance will only allow $125, so she has to eat the difference. Randi PS, it was nice meeting you the other day.
Trisha
on 11/10/05 9:53 am - Glendale, AZ
This is when we thank the good Lord for insurance!!! Wowser!! Your "not a bill" has mine beat. Mine was around $31,000. Trisha PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Most Active