Support groups rock!!

Trisha
on 11/7/05 4:59 am - Glendale, AZ
I really needed the support group Saturday. I was so glad I was there and those that came. It really helped me emotionally and I'm motivated again. It's easy to lose the motivation for anything in life, and post-WLS is one of life's journies. Not only did I get remotivated this past weekend, I also learned a couple things in meeting just by others sharing. I love it!! If you aren't part of a face-to-face support group, I highly encourage you to go to one if you can. Even if you just go and listen, it's better than not going at all. Online support is great, but face-to-face is so much better! I'm at work right now, but when I get home tonight, I'll post a list of Arizona support groups. See if there is one in your area . If not, start one! That's what I did. Support groups are not just for newbie post-ops. They are for pre-ops and grad/veteran post-ops. Everyone can learn through other people's experiences. I know I do each time! Trisha PhoenixWLS Support Group Leader http://health.groups.yahoo.com/group/PhoenixWLS/ "You must begin to think of yourself as becoming the person you want to be."
Melissa P
on 11/7/05 6:48 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Trisha, I am so sorry I missed the meeting. I was looking forward to meeting you. I have been fighting a sinus infection and was in bed most of the day Friday and Saturday. When is the next meeting and were? When will it be back at Metro Center? Boy, I am just full of questions. I am glad that the group meetings are so motivating for you. I am the type of person that needs a little motivation now and then also. I have my physician consult scheduled and I am so excited that I just keep forgetting all the things I want to ask her. Melissa
Most Active