38's Long Gone!

HarleyGirl
on 11/5/05 1:39 am - Maricopa, AZ
I don't post often here or anywhere for that matter but I wanted to check in today and let you all know I had my BR on the 27th. All went well. Being super woman I went to work on Friday morning and went home at noon. Sat I ran a low grade fever and felt like I had been hit by a truck. (This was so different from the Open RNY I was back to work the day after I got out of the hospital and never missed a day.) On Sun I woke up with a leak on the left side. The doctor had me unwrap my "burrito body" my daughter found that there was a little clot of yuck at the tube site, she was able to break it loose and when all started flowing well again the fever broke and I'm back in business. All tubes are gone, some of the stitches removed(the rest come out Wed) I'm back at work. I am a easy bruiser so I look like I have been beat with a sledge hammer all the way to my belly button. So I look worse than I feel.I was very pleased with Dr Weiner. I have UHC POS thru husband employer AmericaWest Airline no problems getting approval. Next spring I will try for the tummy, right now I don't think they would go for it. If I take off about 10-15 more lbs there will be more hang. So 19 months after wls I am pretty happy I can jump cause the "38 longs" are now "38 perky's" God Bless each of you today wherever you are on your journey...we are all in this together take care of yourself first Paula Open RNY 4/1/4 330/191/
(deactivated member)
on 11/5/05 12:45 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Paula - thank you for your post! You are a super woman - thats for sure! I hope that you will continue to keep such a positive attitude - it sure inspires me! Take care.
Marilyn C.
on 11/7/05 2:27 am - Bullhead City, AZ
Thanks Paula for your update, Just be careful you haven't gone back to work too early. This kind of surgury is just a tad different than the RNY was, Be good to your self & don't wind up back in the hospital again. Enjoy some down time for your new body. Thanks for sharing Marilyn, the Bearlady
Most Active