Already down FIVE pounds!!!!!

Sheryl Tilley
on 10/31/05 11:48 pm - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! Surgery was 4 days ago and I'm down FIVE WHOLE POUNDS!!!! Isn't that cool -- and I feel stuffed all the time. I feel great! On Dr. Juarez's shopping list it says TUMS -- get the Assorted Berries flavor. They are delicious. I was chewing them saying, "WOW! These are fabulous!" and my mom asked me if I was just saying that to get through the experience. In her day, Tums were very chalky tasting. Now they're delicious. I walked ten minutes (according to our exercise guide) yesterday not counting walking around my yard a lot and up the stairs. I hate that tape they use to make the IV stay put. The tape residue picks up all kinds of color from clothing and scrubbing it is getting painful. Any tips for getting this stuff off. I look like I have a set of tribal tattoos. Hugs! SHeryl
sallyann
on 11/1/05 2:41 am - page, AZ
Way to go Sheryl!! Im so happy for you...5 lbs already!! wow. Im glad you are doing so well..lots of Prayers have been answered! Your friend.. Sally
cynthia E.
on 11/1/05 3:58 am - buckeye, AZ
Sheryl Sounds like you made it home ok. Your spirits are up and you are on your way. Make sure to get your rest. Drink and drink some more. Try putting some baby oil on a cotton ball and rub it one the sticky part in circles. That should lif the tape stuff right off. Keep up the good work, Cynthia
Marilyn C.
on 11/1/05 8:29 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Great News!! Do yourself a favor try & stay off the scale until your post-op appt. then you will be so surprised & make thing look so much better. It is hard, but try. Keep drinking tha****er. It helps heal you so much faster. The tape will work itself off as you heal. Do not pull it off as is could hurt those incisions. If it is the only one on your arm you are worried about, try using some lotion over it, that may help losen it up so you can pull it off. I would think they would have taken it off before you came home. If you ar talking about the Soap Die stuff it took over a week to go away. Wait till the bruises start showing up from being manhandled in surgury. Those are so fun too!! Marilyn, the Bearlady
Pamela E.
on 11/1/05 10:52 pm - Buckeye, AZ
It's very exciting, isn't it? Sounds like you are feeling great! Baby oil took off all of the tape residue for me. Pam
anna
on 11/1/05 10:53 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Hi sheryl, glad you are home and doing great! try alcohol that work for me and I had a lot of tape marks . just be care full of your wound. give me a call so we can meet if you like... Hugs, Anna 713-2226
FakeBake
on 11/2/05 11:12 am - AZ
(((Sheyryl))) I'm sooo Happy that you are feeling GREAT! And I'm just thrilled for you! I'm glad that your home, and doing soo well! And congrats on the 5 pounds! thats just wonderful! keep up the great work! I just had my 6 week check up today, and am now able to eat solid foods.. yeahhh! I am doing wonderful! no problems at all, thank god.. I'm down 40 pounds! Well congrats to you.. Best wishes, hugs Tara
Trisha
on 11/2/05 1:11 pm - Glendale, AZ
Congrats!! That is awesome. You'll be amazed how much you'll lose the first couple weeks. So get ready to watch that scale move down, down, down. Don't forget to take measurements and photos each month!! The tape residue eventually comes off. I'm not sure how to get it off 1st try - i'm like you - scrub scrub scrub - frustrating. I'm sure someone here will have an easy cure-all for that. Trisha
Most Active