4 days out from surgery and feeling good.

judsad
on 10/30/05 1:14 am - Peoria, AZ
Well, it's finally over and now the hard part truly begins. I have to learn the behavior modification so that I don't overeat. So far I don't feel hungery, and my first meal today, I had about 4 spoonfuls of oatmeal. Is this normal. Hope to hear from others who are well on the way to recovery.
GretchenL
on 10/30/05 10:30 am - Lakeside, AZ
Yes it is totally normal. I am not quite 6 months out and I still don't get hungry. I make sure I eat healthy things. I still don't eat much. So I try to eat 4 or 5 times a day. Cottage Cheese and yogurt were my best friend when I start eating real food. God bless you. Sending love and support to you. Gretchen
Trisha
on 10/31/05 3:24 am - Glendale, AZ
Yay!!! Congrats on your recent surgery! Yep, it's totally normal not to feel hungry for a while. Enjoy that feeling. Oatmeal at 4 days out? That seems kind of "thick" and "heavy", but as long as your system is tolerating it, go for it. Stick to the list your surgeon gave you and don't rush through your phases. Keep up the good work!! Thanks for posting. Trisha
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/31/05 4:46 am - Prescott, AZ
hI Judith! WOW! OATMEAL!!!! Dr. Juarez told us to do something a little more watery like Cream of Wheat -- but hey -- if it works! I feel terrific -- my front side feels like I have overeaten at a great buffet! No major pain at all. Hugs! SHeryl
Most Active