ONE!1-1-1-1 Blast Off Day-Bowel Prep UGH

Sheryl Tilley
on 10/27/05 2:22 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! Time was dragging by last night -- and then my cat decided to have a 'zoo night' where she runs around the bedroom and me at about 3 am. When she finally quieted down she decided to sleep on top of my back as I was face down. Sooo not much sleep. Had cheerios and milk with decaf coffee this morning and will have cream of chicken soup for lunch. Then the fun begins at 1 p.m. when I start the dreaded bowel prep. Will mix with Mountain Dew. YUCK I can already taste it. Hope I don't throw up! I'll probably miss my soaps over this. BUMMER. I am still so up and psyched over this. Woo Hoo!!!!!!!!!!!! Hugs! SHeryl
Darlene X
on 10/27/05 4:22 am - Maricopa, AZ
YAY Sheryl..... Bowel prep is fun hahaha Hubby didnt even mix it with anything, just drank it down super quick... ewwwww He was in the bathroom all afternoon!!!! So Im thinking you may not be around the message boards this afternoon hahahaha I dont know if we'll be able to come in saturday now With all this travelling into St Lukes the last few days, Hubby has an appt with Dr Fang today so they will weigh him then, and he probably wont want to come in Saturday and weigh again. I'll have to see... I was excited to meet you, but maybe we'll have to some other time?
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/27/05 7:12 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Darlene! Don't worry if you can't come. There will be other times. Glad EJ is doing better -- can't imagine him drinking that YUCKY stuff by itself. The computer room and the bathroom are directly across the hall from each other. I may have to drag the computer desk into the hall -- hahahahaha! Hugs! SHeryl
cynthia E.
on 10/27/05 4:45 am - buckeye, AZ
How exciting it is finally here. You are in my prayers! I also drank my bowel prep stuff with diet orange mountain dew. It really helped. I drank it in two separete glasses. Make sure to get it all down. Keep drinking water throughout the day. Keep your fluid levels up. Tomorrow will be her before you know it. You are in our thoughts and prayers. Keep the faith and be strong. You are almost there. Give the kitty some warm milk tonight so you can sleep like a baby. Good luck tomorrow Cynthia
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/27/05 7:15 am - Prescott, AZ
Thanks Cynthia! I got regular mountain Dew -- hope it works as well. Yes, I have been drinking loads of water and Crystal Light. I always make sure to do that. This is so great -- it's finally here. After what seems like a long long time -- it's here. I was just in the bedroom and the cat had yanked all the covers off the bed -- she must have really worked at that. She's cuddled up in them on the floor now. Hugs! SHeryl
Ginger
on 10/27/05 4:46 am - Chandler, AZ
Oh Sheryl!!!! One more day and you are there! I hope you know that I am living my life vicariously through you!!! How was your "teaching Day" at St. Lukes'??? Was it worth the trouble and the travel that you had to do??? Do you know what I mean?? Was it more than just going over a worksheet as a group?? I am thinking about scheduling my teaching day the day before my surgery..which is on Wednesday the 23rd. I was just wondering if you thought the whole business..so close together would be "overhelming" does that make sense? As things get closer..my emotions are all over the place, I even feel like hiding under my I'll be thinking about you tomorrow...Take care, you will do super!! Virginia
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/27/05 7:23 am - Prescott, AZ
hi Virginia! Yes, the teaching day is worth it -- they give you another big packet of papers, you sign some papers for the nursing department (or somebody?), they give you your new water bottle and baby spoon. And we watched a video from the psychologist. The physical therapist explained the walking regimen and the dietician came in and went over counting the carbs, proteins, etc. There was only five people attending that week -- 3 were actual patients doing the operation. Since you live in the Valley it won't be that bad to do it the day before. I had a hard time with the 2 hours of driving each way, a lunch hour, getting up early in the morning, the 'I-17 parking lot', etc. The only emotions I have had are 'high, higher and higher". LOL So far no fear. A friend said she had never seen anybody so excited to have surgery. I'm just going to lay back on the operating table with my face slathered with Aveeno moisturizer and take a 2 hour nap. Hugs! Sheryl
Melissa P
on 10/27/05 6:56 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Sheryl, Yay! It's almost here. I am so happy for you. Best of luck tomorrow with the surgery. My Prayers are with you that God will bless you and the surgeons hands through the surgery. Hope you are up and posting again soon. Good luck also with the fun bowel prep stuff. Melissa
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/27/05 7:26 am - Prescott, AZ
Thanks Melissa! I should be back posting Tuesday. I am so thrilled about this! They might have to peel me off the ceiling (where I'm still dancing) to operate! Very grateful for the prayers!!! Hugs! SHERYL
VeeKay
on 10/27/05 1:24 pm - Prescott Valley, AZ
Sheryl Good Luck tomorrow, I will be thinking of you. I will be at Good Sam, getting all my pre op testing, and classes done tomorrow. Guess we will both be headed down the "mountain" tomorrow morning. Im leaving my house at 5 am and Im picking up my best friend Carol, who will be going with me, I have to sign in at the hospital at 7:30 am,,,ugh,,,without eating or drinking after midnight,,,,then when I get back, I have a second sleep study tomorrow night to determine what setting I am going to need my cpap to be set on...no sleep tonight,,,no sleep tomorrow. You will be in my prayers, and soon everything you have been fighting for will be a reality...you go girl!!! BTW...how did the bowel prep go??? Vee
Most Active