Dr Magary

(deactivated member)
on 10/25/05 5:53 am - Phoenix, AZ
Are there any Dr Magary patients out there? Are you as unhappy as I am that the PV Hospital is closing the bariatirc clinic? I am a newbie - I just had my surgery on 6/28/05 - I was the last operation that Dr Magary preformed. I am really going to miss him and the staff at PV. Now we have to go to Dr Blackstone - are you going to the Open House at the SCottsdale Bariatric Center on Nov 8th?
(deactivated member)
on 10/26/05 10:05 am - Phx, AZ
YES, YES, YES!!! Dr. Magary did my surgery Feb. 22, 05. I miss him so very much. He is the most wonderful and caring man, let alone 'doctor'. I wasn't aware of the open house, but Scottsdale is really too far for me to go to. I was hoping to find (or be referred to) someone closer to the NW side of town. I can't drive that far for support meetings. How are you doing w/your weight loss? I am -97 lbs now... 3 more 'till 100!!!!! I remember my first seminar w/PV and Dr. Magary... I remember one of the first patients he had there, who had lost 110 lbs, and I sat there and looked at her skinniness... and just cried. I thought, "This is too good to be true" and "It'll never happen to me!" Well, it DID, and I am so happy. I hope that you find Dr. Blackstone to be a wonderful doctor. I don't know if I'll get there, but maybe. Best Wishes, Liz G
(deactivated member)
on 10/27/05 1:14 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Liz - I am sooooooooooooo happy that there is someone out there who knows Dr Magary! I am doing fantastic since my surgery in June - so far I have shed 83 lbs - I have a goal to hit 100 by Christmas - it has been an exciting and sometimes frustrating journey so far. Food has been, and always will be a problem for me. Although I have no 'physical' hunger since the surgery (which is so weird!!!) I still have the emotional cravings that drive me nuts! Smells of food send me in a tailspin. Sometimes when I try to eat something that I know isnt really on the plan, it does nothing for me. The tastes of foods have really changed also. Its hard to explain. I am sorry to hear that Dr Blackstone is too far for you. I have heard nothing but great comments about her. The front office staff seems genuinely concerned about Dr Magarys patients - but no one can replace Carli. She was so great! Best of luck in your WLS journey - lets keep in touch!
Vivyca
on 12/26/05 1:02 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi all My mom had Dr Magary as her surgeon. The office staff told her that Dr Magary is ill (Mom incidicated cancer related) and cannot resume seeing patient's. She is being referred to Robin Blackstone, whom I've heard is an excellent surgeon and staff is wonderful as well.
Most Active