3 days and scared

Andrea Q.
on 10/25/05 3:10 am - Gilbert, AZ
Hi everone.. It's getting close, only 3 days till my surgery and I'm getting really scared, or at least, I think I am.. I couldn't sleep at all last night, and had to go back to work today - but I couldn't stay.. I made it for about an hour, and I felt so sick to my stomach and I was dizzy and I had my sister come pick me up. I tried to get an appointment at my PCP hoping maybe there was something she could give me - but I can't get in till 10am tomorrow. I fought so much for this surgery, and now I feel like a whimp because I'm getting scared.. I know its the right thing to do, but I just can't explain how I feel. Anyone else go thru this? Any recommendations on how to make it thru the next few days? Thanks, A
(deactivated member)
on 10/25/05 5:43 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Andrea - just relax, and pat yourself on the back for making this decision to save your life! Try doing some special things for yourself the next few days - pamper yourself - you have come this far, and you need to stay positive! You will thank yourself for making this healthy choice for your future. Good luck, and let us know how you are doing!
Darlene X
on 10/25/05 6:49 am - Maricopa, AZ
Andrea, Its natural to be scared and freak out..... You've alreadsy said it, you know its the right thing to do. All will be ok. I suggest keeping yourself as busy as possible--- make that house sparkly and clean for your return LOL Where are you having surgery? Darlene
Marilyn C.
on 10/25/05 11:41 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
HI Andrea, It is very normal to have these feeling at this point in time. Just know that you are making the right decision for a healthy you & a much better life & as the other have stated try pampering youself. Go out to your favorite place to eat dinner, have a nice dinner. It sure won't be the same after your surgury. Eat & enjoy your every bite. Things do change & some will never taste the same again. Just keep in you mind that this is the right thing to do & you should be just fine. Prayers are going out your way for a safe & quick recovery from you surgury. Stay busy & it will be over before you know it.!! Marilyn, the Bearlady
cynthia E.
on 10/26/05 4:30 am - buckeye, AZ
Andrea; It is totally natural for you to get scared! If you weren't then we would all be scared for you. I am not almost 11 months post op. I still remember the way I felt before surgery. Since my stomach was freaking out I took some dramanine. It settled my stomach until the day of surgery. Then I had to do the calm me down thing. I tried to meditate and pray. It really worked. Everyone is different but right now you don't need your blood preasure going up. You have made it this far. In the next two days you need to find a way to relax and find that happy place to help you get through this. You are doing fine. Focus on what is coming your way. Better way of life, more energy, and of course the new cloths. Hope some this will help you, Cynthia
Stephanie J.
on 10/26/05 3:24 pm - Tucson, AZ
I recommend the tried and true strategy. EAT WHILE YOU CAN!! That sure helped calm my nerves anyway....- Stephanie (18 months out and 130 pounds - you'll be a skinny minnie soon- keep your chins up!!!).
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/27/05 2:34 am - Prescott, AZ
hi Andrea! Hope you're feeling better. Visualize yourself after surgery -- doing things you always wanted to do. Yes, you fought hard and it will all be worth it. I have talked to so many people and they all same the same thing -- "I would do it again in a heartbeat!" Remember all the things we've done to get unhealthy and stay that way? We're stopping that -- that's a really good thing. Hurray for us! Hugs! Sheryl
Most Active