Indigestion and scared

Debbie E.
on 10/24/05 5:46 pm - Surprise, AZ
Can anyone tell me if this has happened to you? I was allowed to finally try again soft foods (I have had 2 strictures since surgery and have to begin all over each time I have the endoscopy done) anyway, I tried re fried beans and even added a spoonful of water to it to make it more mushy. On my last bite it felt as though it never went down and feels like it is stuck in my chest. I have tried rolaids (no tums available) to take away this feeling of indigestion. I even tried bending over to throw up. I am fearful of waking up with another stricture. I have been out of work much longer than anticipated and I am scheduled to go back this Wednesday. Can anyone give me advice?
Marilyn C.
on 10/25/05 11:35 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi Debbie, When you eat are you eating with a baby spoon. You might be eating too much, too fast. You have to eat very slow. In the beginning I always counted to 20 or 25 before I ate another bite. Your food gets cold doing this and it always has to be re-heated, but it worked for me. You also might try drink warm or hot liquid to help that feeling go away. Not coffee try a decaf herbal tea or something. Sometimes the new pouch can hadle the warm liquid much better than cold liquid. Hope this helps you out some. I am now 19 months out & kind of forget what I had to deal with back then, Hope you feel better soon. Hang in there. Marilyn, the Bearlady
cynthia E.
on 10/26/05 4:40 am - buckeye, AZ
Debbie; You may had eaten to much for your new pouch. If you bit was to big or you are almost full that dreaded pain in the chest will hurt. As far as the idigestion they have tums (sugar fee), you can take a acid reducer daily to help you along. The doctors prescribed me stuff. Dr. Juarez told me that pepcid or prolec was good also. It did help alot. About the 3 third month is when it was gone completely but I still take my tums daily. They are a good source of Calcuim. Small bites and time between bites is the key at first. Don't want to preach but I was famous for getting things stuck and it really hurts. Don't want anyone else to have to go through that. Hope this helps, Cynthia
Most Active