ALL THREE ABC classes yesterday at St. Luke's

Sheryl Tilley
on 10/19/05 9:50 am - Prescott, AZ
Me again -- I had a great time at the ABC classes yesterday. They let you take all three in one day if you have to travel a long distance to get to Phoenix and Prescott qualifies. Since gas is so high these days it really helped. I sat with Sally McCaroll from this board and she had met Patty (not online but we'll get her on somehow). We laughed and giggled our way through the three classes together. Sally and Patty were so much fun. It was like we all instantly knew each other. Two of the classes were just boring videos and Barbara Maxwell did one of the classes. She shared that she had been 205 pounds and just changed her eating habits to get healthier -- she's now 150 - so a loss of 55 pounds for her. There's loads of handouts so be sure you are all keeping your notebook stuff together. They could at least hole punch this stuff. haha! Hugs! Sheryl
Trisha
on 10/19/05 10:28 am - Glendale, AZ
That's great that you can get 3 classes in one visit. Video tape is BORING though, I agree!! I have suggested to Kelly that they 3-hole punch their handouts. Also, when you go in for TEACHING day which is the Tuesday before your surgery, grab a blue 3-ring binder that is on the shelf next to the sign-in table - below the support group handouts - that is good to put handouts in and have a hard surface for taking notes and such. If they are out of binders, make sure you bring a folder or hard surface to write on if you are a note-taker like me! Congrats on going through the ABC classes! Soooo exciting!! It's great connecting with others and going through it togther. It helps and makes it more fun!! Trisha
sallyann
on 10/19/05 12:00 pm - page, AZ
we did have a great time didnt we!! We are the 3 AMIGOS!! We are all going to be close in this move to being at a goal weight .. We MUST stay in touch ok? You are just so awesome!! Take care!! Sally
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/20/05 5:31 am - Prescott, AZ
Yes, Sally!!! We've got to stay in touch! Funny thought -- wouldn't it have been terrific if you and me and Patty had our surgeries on the same day and had a big hospital room together???? The hospital would NEVER be the same!!!!! LOLOLOLOLOLOL! Hugs! SHeryl
Most Active