So I kept the same insurance...

Darlene X
on 10/18/05 5:34 am - Maricopa, AZ
This week was time for renewal of benefits at work, and time to make changes if wanted. Of course I didnt change a thing with my health insurance..... still UHC Choice Plus.... Fingers crossed as of the new year WLS is still covered, and easy like it was with Hubby.... I think in my heart Ive made the decision to do it, but my head keeps coming up with all sorts of excuses. Lets just get to January.... thats my first step....
Trisha
on 10/19/05 10:33 am - Glendale, AZ
You'll know when it's time to go forward with WLS or not. Just because I had it and know it was the best thing I ever did, doesn't mean I think EVERYONE who is morbidly obese should have it. It's a personal and serious life choice, so only you can decide. Either way, we are rooting for you 100%!!!! Hugs, Trisha
Arizona_Sun
on 10/20/05 12:28 am - Gilbert, AZ
Here I thought you already had the surgery. I was going by the date with your name. So, your husband has made the leap? It is a big decision and good luck with the insurance. Did you check to see if they would still cover it in 2006? I had the surgery 22 months ago. Sandy
Darlene X
on 10/20/05 4:55 am - Maricopa, AZ
Nope Sandy.... Hubby had surgery 3 weeks ago, I joined here for him. Im thinking about it next year.
Arizona_Sun
on 10/20/05 5:10 am - Gilbert, AZ
Congratulations to your husband and good luck to you in your decision. If you have any questions please feel free to email me. I have collected a LOT of material that is of interest to us as post-ops (am always happy to provide a CD with what I have collected to anyone who is wanting to learn all that they can). I do have a web site if you are interested. acdlady.com/WLS_1 and just add the www. part. At the bottom of that page is a lot of links to some of my educational/informational pages. I do have music on the site so be forewarned if you are at work. Sandy
Most Active