being patient is the hard part...

simply_jess
on 10/10/05 5:59 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I have done the checklist of things my surgeon has asked me to complete, and now it's just waiting for all these puzzle peices to come together! I am afraid of the insurance company's answer, but at the same time, I just want to apply for coverage so I know what the next step is... I just felt like sharing. I'm going crazy is all lol. Is this 'normal'?
Clara W.
on 10/11/05 1:57 am - Benson, AZ
Jessica, Well I know what you are talking about. I had gone to one surgeon and was approved and 6 months later at another surgeons I was denied. I had my appeal letter to them before I got my written denial. LOL Take this time to attend support group, read all the posts that you can and also do everything you can to be as healthy as you can before surgery. Clara
Andrea Q.
on 10/11/05 8:03 am - Gilbert, AZ
WOW... Normal - YES! I know exactly how you feel. And I know it can be frusterating, saddening, and exciting all at the same time. Each time you get a task from the surgeon completed and feel like you're one step closer, it can make you more nervous because the insurance approval or denial is one step closer. Just know that what you are feeling is normal and you are not alone in your struggle. We've all been there, are there, or are giong to be there. But just keep at it and eventually the worrisome part will be behind you and your new life will be ahead of you! Best Wishes! Andrea
Most Active