great advice from Dr Maxwell.

sallyann
on 10/10/05 12:21 am - page, AZ
Dr Maxwell shared some information that really hit home with me. Thought I would share it with you. She said we are going from a stomach that holds aprox 40 oz to a pouch that holds aprox 2-4 oz. The pouch is aprox the size of a 4 month old babys stomach...so, treat your pouch like it belonged to a four month old baby..Eat healthy!! give your pouch healthy foods...no soda's, no caffine, no junk food!! That really hit home with me...Now, when I eat I think of everything I put into my mouth. Chew the food very well...drink slowly.. I thougt this was GREAT advice and thought maybe my friends here would benefit. Take care!! Sally
Jenn T
on 10/10/05 1:09 am - Tempe, AZ
Hi Sally, I know what you mean. During my psych appt, the Dr. said this surgery would "level the playing field". I've always looked at it as an opportunity to relearn how to eat - the right way this time! Jenn
Stephanie H.
on 10/11/05 5:30 pm - St. Louis, MO
Stephanie H.
on 10/11/05 5:30 pm - St. Louis, MO
Hi all, I'm just over 4 yrs out from Open RnY and wanted to pipe in here... The BEST thing you can do for yourself is to use common sense... we all have it, learn to trust yourself. Take what Dr. M says with a teenie grain of salt, those of us who have been with her since the very beginning know that most of what she says has merit but, IMHO she doesn't give us enough credit. Here's the way I see it.... trust your new tummy to tell you when enough is enough. If you don't feel hungry then don't eat. If you do, then easy does it, little by little. I am 4 yrs out and am still losing... I've gone from 300 lbs to 155 and a size 6.... Yes, you'll lost MOST of the weight in the first 6 months after surgery but PLEASE don't get discouraged, there is NO race... NO "end"... as long as you make your "tool" work for you, it will... I promise! Good luck to you all and if you have ANY questions at all, PLEASE don't hesitate to email me directly if you need to. You can get me at [email protected] Steph Dr Hilario Juarez September 27, 2001 Open RnY St. Lukes- Phoenix
sallyann
on 10/11/05 11:59 pm - page, AZ
Thank you Steph. I appreciate your input. I guess i feel like a failure since I cannot diet and lose weight. Seems it should be mind over matter. I am just at the absolute end of my ability to diet..its as though my mind will NOT let me diet. insane I know.. I cant wait to be 4 years out and a size 6. Thank You... Please stay in touch.. You can reach me at [email protected] Thank You friend. Sally
Most Active