Newbie to the board.

DCampbell2k
on 10/9/05 11:14 am - El Mirage, AZ
Hello! I am new to the AZ board. I'm living in El Mirage, way out in the west valley. I'm 25 years old and I think one of the few guys on this board. I'm doing my testing before getting a confirmed surgery date at Barix Clinics in Scottsdale. I'm kinda nervous, but at the same time excited to see some weight come off and be able to go out and do things again! Anyway, you all seem very nice and I hope I can contribute something!! hehe Duane
meachamw
on 10/9/05 12:32 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
Hello Duane, I'm a guy as well. Just an OLD guy compared to you. I was nervous as well, but it has worked out great. I had my surgery July 11th and am down 65 pounds. Best wishes on your journey, Bill
Marilyn C.
on 10/9/05 8:54 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi Duane, Welcome to this board. We like guys Too! JUst most guys don't like to spend as much time on this !@#$ computer as women do. Good luck on your journey, you won't regret you choice to do this. You are certainly young enough to still have a great life. I am a 51 year old lady & wish I did this a lot sooner. Oh Well, at least I have a life now, right! You will learn lots here & again good luck with you journey & let us know when you get a date. Marilyn, the Bearlady
sallyann
on 10/10/05 12:28 am - page, AZ
Welcome Duane... Thank you for joining this site. I have learned so much from those who have gone through the process before me. I hope to have a surgery by years end. I am having surgery at St Lukes hospital with Dr Fang who is the surgeon. I live 275 miles North of Phoenix, it has been helpful to attend meetings and as many required appts that I can at the same time. The folks at St Lukes have been very helpful. I hope to lose 130 lbs. My BMI is 42. Dr Fang says im a candiate for surgery. Good luck to you...People on this website are very helpful...Glad you are here too!! Sally
anna
on 10/10/05 1:01 am - Prescott Valley, AZ
Hello Duane, Had my wls at Barix Clinics april 4, 2005 such a great place love all of them, geat care! Good luck to you! Anna 229/170
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/10/05 6:36 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Duane! Good to meet you! We're all on this cruise ship together! Everybody here has sure helped me with questions and readying me for tests, etc. Feel free to ask anything you like. Sheryl
Melissa P
on 10/10/05 8:19 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Duane, Welcome to the board. I am still in the testing process and a three month insurance required diet. Everyone on this board is great and very informative. Good luck with everything and keep us updated. Melissa
cynthia E.
on 10/11/05 8:30 am - buckeye, AZ
Welcome Duane; I am also in the west valley. Wow, that must be a drive for you to the clinic. I started my journey with them. It seemed like a day trip to get there. Sounds like you are on your way. Nerves are funny. It will get better. We all have been through this. Keep us posted. Cynthia
Most Active