Thanks Everyone....

Darlene X
on 10/7/05 1:46 am - Maricopa, AZ
Thanks for all the advice and posts yesterday regarding my struggle. I talked a little to Hubby, and he is all for me having WLS..... I think I will wait about 6 months. I will check the beginning of the year to make sure everything is still all covered. I want to make sure everything with Hubby is ok, and that he will be healthy enough to look after me after surgery. Im still debating a little, but those who said they thought I already knew my decision...you guys are probably right. I know I want to proceed, it just scares me to death. I have 3 months until I see if my insurance is still ok to decide anyway.
Marilyn C.
on 10/7/05 10:57 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
Hi Darlene, You have to make the decision that works for you. I suggest you leave it to God's hands & see what he tells you to do. You have a right to be scared, we all were at one time or another. It is the best decision you will ever make for yourself. Don't wait too Long. You are young enough to enjoy a life so much better than what you have now. Have a great Day! & Prayers are headed your way to help with your decision. Glad your husband is doing well. How is he feeling? Marilyn, the Bearlady
Wendella
on 10/8/05 11:56 pm - Mesa, AZ
HI Darlene Just a thought. If you really do want surgery it might be a good idea to make sure it will be covered next year. I know more and more ins. are not covering it. If you start moving forward and have a date and everything ready for next year (and ins. is no longer covering it) they may go ahead and cover your surgery. I had to explain that this was something I started before the exclusion and was able to move forward. Just a thought so you are not kicking yourself later on. Once your hubby is home for about a week you'll see a huge difference. He should be much happier. It's the buyers remorse he needs to get over. Best of luck
cynthia E.
on 10/11/05 8:26 am - buckeye, AZ
Darlene; I am sorry to hear about your troubles. I read your other posting. You need to do what is best for you and your family. You have been to all the classes and doctors visits with your husband. You have been a wonderful support for him! Be proud of yourself for that. Since you have already been through the pre-op process with your husband and you still are deadly affraid to have the sugery yourself. Maybe you can talk to Dr. Maxwell or someone else to help you decide if it is something you want to do. I myself was afraid of the surgery but after meeting with Dr. Juarez one on one he calmed me down. He was honest and very clear about what could happen. It is a total life style change. You and your husband now will make changes that will effect you for the rest of your lifes. Don't worry to much about what can and will happen if you do or don't have the surgery. Focus on where you want to go and how you are going to get there. I am now 10 months post op. I had no complications from the initial surgery but I had my gallbladder out 2 months post op, I have had 2-3 bacterial infections, hair loss, and have lost 88 lbs so far. Would I do it again, yes I would. My health now and energy level is payment enough. I did have my tubes tied in June. I am 38 and didn't wnat to go through all this and then get pregnant. My time has come and gone for that. You are still very young. I was told after the surgery that your cycles change and could get pregnant right away. My point is we are all different, find the answers you are looking for and if you are ready for the change, then you can proceed. Best of luck, Cynthia
Most Active