Hospitalized for Pancreas Infection last week

Trisha
on 10/6/05 11:45 am - Glendale, AZ
Just an update on me. I thought I had the flu early last week because I was throwing up having diarreah extremely fatigued in pain and just a wreck. I finally went to ER and they said I had pancreatitis, which means my pancreas was infected. The normal blood levels for our pancreas is around 300 and my level was around 2000. So they admitted me and I was there for 5 days. Once they put me on morphine, demoral, zofran, 2 kinds of antibiotics and potassium and such I was feeling loads better. LOL Bring on the pain meds!! Anyway, I am feeling 100% better and it's amazing how something like that can happen. They said it had NOTHING to do with my WLS. This can happen to anyone, kind of like appendicitis, gallbladder stones, kidney stones, etc. Stuff happens. What the gastro doc said there was that most likely some "stuff" from my gall bladder made its way down the bile duct to my pancreas and it got infected. (Gall bladder was removed 4 mos ago.) So who knows. Important thing is I'm feeling better and Scottsdale Shea Hospital is the best!! I was feeling much better on Saturday (tho wasn't released until Sunday) and even ordered up a massage in my room. Ahh....felt great!! Hospital nurses and docs there are wonderful. After my pain went away and pancreas levels normalized it was like a mini vacation there. Very relaxing. Every room is private there. Heaven!! I am sooooooooooo behind on the boards. Will try to catch up a little right now and more this weekend. I miss you all!! Hugs, Trisha
FakeBake
on 10/6/05 11:50 am - AZ
Trisha.. Awwww, I'm sooo glad that your feeling better! I had my gallbladder removed when I had my surgery 2 weeks ago! Thats strange that that would happen after 4 months after you had it removed.. anyway, welcome back..Best wishes. Tara
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/6/05 12:05 pm - Prescott, AZ
Hi Trisha! Glad you're back. Sure missed you. Hope you're feeling better every day. Hugs! SHeryl
Pamela E.
on 10/6/05 2:11 pm - Buckeye, AZ
Wow Trisha, I'm very sorry to hear about what you went through. However, if you have to be hospitalized, Scottsdale Healthcare Shea is where it's at - and what a coincidence - I was there at the same time. Aren't their massages the best! My friend who had her RNY done at St. Lukes a week earlier was there visiting me when my massage was being done and she was so envious! It's a luxury you can really use when you're feeling rough, and what a view from my private room window! If I ever need to have surgery again, I should be so lucky to have it there. Here's to your complete recovery! Pam
Stephanie J.
on 10/6/05 3:25 pm - Tucson, AZ
What a pain! You sure haven't had the easiest year with the wls surgery, the gall bladder needing to come out and then this! Hope this is the end of it. Welcome back. - Stephanie J
Trisha
on 10/7/05 8:46 am - Glendale, AZ
Are you kidding??? This has been the BEST year!!! Okay, so I had some gallbladder issues and then now some pancreas issues. But for the most part my road has been pretty rosey!! I didn't have any surgery complications or mysterious illnesses or go into a coma or anything. I know my experiences will help others, and I have no regrets. There's been up and downs, but for the most part my WLS journey has been a rosey one! LOL I say that NOW - 6 months out - LOL Looking back it hasn't been that bad, but maybe at the time I was complaining. Who knows. So glad you all are here and I am not alone!! Trisha
DacB
on 10/7/05 12:16 am - Mesa, AZ
I had been noticing that you hadn't been on the posts for a while and was starting to get a little worried. Well I'm glad you're okay and back at it. We missed your on the board!!
Melissa P
on 10/7/05 12:47 am - Phoenix, AZ
Hi Trisha, I am so sorry to hear that you went through all that. I am glad that you are doing better and back on the board. I just looked at your profile 116 pounds lost. Wow Girl, your are doing great. Melissa
moirap
on 10/8/05 4:55 pm - Mesa, AZ
Trisha, Im so sorry you were ill and its great to hear your feeling better. I did miss you on the boards. Stay Well Moira
Kabaa
on 10/10/05 11:25 am - Tempe, AZ
Hi Trish Glad to hear you are back up and running again. What a surprise this illness must have been for you. Thank you for all the fun get well cards you sent while I was in the hospital. I am out of bed now and the hip is quiet. I am taking it slow.....Thanks, again. Your cards were greatly appreciated. Fran Baseden p.s. hope to be able to come to the support group soon
Most Active