Caffeine????

meachamw
on 10/4/05 4:52 am - Scottsdale, AZ
The one thing I miss is my morning coffee. I don't miss soda, alcohol or chocolate at all. But I WANT MY COFFEE!!!! I drink Decaf Coffee and my pouch loves it, but a pick me up in the morning would be nice. What are others doing??? I'm almost 3 months out. Thanks, Bill
silly_jackie
on 10/4/05 6:49 am - Sahuarita, AZ
Hi Bill! One thing I LOVE in the morning is to mix my protein with decaf (brewed then cooled in fridge) instead of water... mix with the decaf, a splash of mil**** and vanilla isopure for a really good 'iced vanilla latte'.. or use chocolate for a mocha! I find it helps me wake up in the morning... plus I get 50 grams of protein! Great way to start the day! ~Jackie 223/145 11 months out
mrs.3m
on 10/4/05 8:36 am - Mesa, AZ
I generally stay away from caffeine, it is not good for your stomach, especially this early out. Try taking an extra dose of B-12, that usually gives a boost. Worst case and you absolutely have to have coffee, I would do a half caff mix, half caffinated half decaf. That is what I do if I feel like I need it. I don't want to sound preachy about it, just want to give you an informed answer.
Marilyn C.
on 10/5/05 10:40 pm - Bullhead City, AZ
HI William, If you can hold out, do not get hooked on the real stuff. I did not drink coffee for six months after surgury, then I started yeah on decaf at first, then I started a little caffiene then it got to be a little more. now I am hooked big time. I know that is why I am fight the last 40 lbs I want to lose. I have lost 140, but if I stopped drinking the (lots of coffee) that I drink, I would lose the rest. It is my choice to drink it & only my choice, but, do yourself a favor and if you can stick to the decaf, do so. & like the other said only drink half & half if you really think you need the caffeine. That is my only addiction now, but it's a bad one for sure. I drink a lot more coffee, than I do water & that's the bad part of it all. Have a great day. Marilyn, the Bearlady
meachamw
on 10/6/05 12:40 am - Scottsdale, AZ
Thanks for the responses. I've decided to stick to decaf for a while. I've got to much to lose (pun intended) Thanks, Bill
Most Active