Home From Surgery

Pamela E.
on 10/1/05 1:36 am - Buckeye, AZ
Today is my first full day at home. I tried to sleep in my own bed all night, but the recliner just felt better. Halfway lying down feels better because gravity doesn't pull on your wounds as bad as when you're lying down flat. Surgery was scheduled for 10:30 Wednesday morning, and we were to be there by 8:00. Having a cold, I had to wait for the anesthesiologist to give his OK, but he was busy with Dr. Blackstone in another surgery until about 11:30 and then they went to lunch. After determining I had no fever or chest congestion, I was given the green-light and after waiting about 4.5 hours I was rolled into the operating room. Dr. Blackstone and her attending doctors did a spectacular job, and all went well. The bariatric staff at Scottsdale Healthcare Shea are wonderful, but you'd better get your bootie out of bed and walk those halls and suck on that spirometer, because they don't have time to hold your hand. My back hurts as much as the front, but I know the more I move the better it will get. I try not to take the pain meds any more than I have to, because I want to be awake as much as I can. They just knock me out! Thank you Carol Fly, for being my angel and letting everyone know how my surgery went. Thank you to everyone who has supported me through this journey. Four months ago, I never thought this would have happened!
yoyomama
on 10/1/05 4:45 am - Ft.Thomas, AZ
I figured you must be home because someone else answered the phone at the hospital. So glad all went well.
Darlene X
on 10/1/05 4:51 am - Maricopa, AZ
Pamela!!! Im so glad your back and you had the surgery! You and Hubby had surgery the same day. I read your post about being sick and not sure if you were going to have it. I was telling Hubby about you the morning of surgery, and I thought about you during the day while I sat with Hubby after surgery. I was glad to come home that night and find a post from your angel saying you did get to have your surgery!!! He is doing fine too, had issues sleeping on the bed but wouldnt sleep on his chair.
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/1/05 7:51 am - Prescott, AZ
WOW!!!!! Just think -- you're on the LOSING SIDE now! That is so terrific! I'm so happy for you! Hugs! SHeryl
sallyann
on 10/1/05 9:48 am - page, AZ
congratulations!! So glad to hear that all went well. Was it what you expected? do you feel you had enough information prior to surgery? This website has been very helpful. I feel pretty well informed and ready to go forward in this journey. Keep the posts coming. Im so interested to hear how you are doing. Best Wished and hope youre feeling like yourself again soon. Sally
Wendella
on 10/2/05 6:01 pm - Mesa, AZ
Hi I was wondering how things went. I am glad your up and around and had an uneventful hospital stay. (((HUGGS)))
cynthia E.
on 10/4/05 6:16 am - buckeye, AZ
I am so happy to hear you are home and ready for the pounds to drop off. I slept in the guest room for the first week. I have 6 dogs and didn't want them jumping on my belly. I slept on the bed with like 3 pillows. I could sleep like that. I walked around with my little pillow every where I went, even when I started driving again. Walk and walk as much as you can. It really works. Do try to get as much rest as you can and try to get all your protein and liquids in. It makes a real difference. I know you are not hungry or thirsty but make sure that every 1.5 hours you are eating or drinking something. So glad you didn't give up. You are on the other side now, you can do it and I know your family will help in anyway they can to make sure you succeed. Soon you will be ready to go walking around the buckeye area. When you are ready, let me know. I am always willing to put the walking shoes on. Good luck Cynthia
Most Active