Doctor advice please!

simply_jess
on 9/30/05 6:22 pm - Phoenix, AZ
Hi everyone I am in the process of trying to get this surgery onto my calender and there seems to be a million appointments I need to make and do. But I have completed my psych. evaluation. However, she has told me to go to some kind of behavioral modification therapy and resolve, or takes steps to resolve, the issues I associate with eating. aka. Binge eating. The problem is, I have no idea where to even begin searching for a doctor that specializes in this. I am truly at a standstill and I would love any advice, or names of course, of doctors. I don't even know what category to look up these doctors on this website. I mean if it's a therapist, how do I know which one specializes in it? Just, thank you all for reading this, you all truly inspire me -Jessica
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/1/05 7:33 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi Jessica! Call your county's mental health program. They should be able to give you some direction. Who was your psych? Sheryl
Sheryl Tilley
on 10/1/05 9:30 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi AGAIN Jessica! Come to think of it -- my psych specializes in eating disorders -- Shelley Doumani and she is at 7200 W. Bell Road Bldg 101G - in Glendale. Phone is 623 - 487-9630. SHeryl
simply_jess
on 10/1/05 3:38 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I just checked and she is covered by my insurance (the obscure company that I work with lol). Thank you so much, I am calling her on Monday. -Jess
moirap
on 10/1/05 1:32 pm - Mesa, AZ
Jessica I was just curious what doctor you saw for the psych eval. Im asking because the doc I saw was really bad and I cant remember her name. If I hear it I will remember it. Thanks Moira
simply_jess
on 10/1/05 3:39 pm - Phoenix, AZ
I went to Dr. Maxwell at St Luke's. She was business but at the end I did get along with her and agreed with most of the things she said. She made sense but I was bordering in the beginning on how I felt of her.
Debbie E.
on 10/4/05 7:17 am - Surprise, AZ
I remember discussing this with my Psychologist and if I had needed behavioral modification therapy that she could work that out directly in her office. Call your psychologist and see if she/he does not deal with this problem can she recommend someone in the area for you. Wishing you luck.
Most Active