How did this happen?

Brandy H
on 9/30/05 11:33 am - Glendale, AZ
Hi Arizona! So, today I am 12 weeks out. All is well, I feel fine and dandy. NO COMPLAINTS! I do however, have a question. First, let me tell you that I got measured and I got weighed today. I have officially lost......drum roll please..... 49 lbs. and 52.75 inches!!!! HOOORAY!!! Now, I am NOT complaining but I am just wondering how did I lose more inches than lbs?? I do work out alot so my only thought is that muscle weighs more than fat so maybe I am losing fat and gaining muscle??? You think? I would love to hear your imput. Never the less I am happy and feel great. I have gone from a tight 28 pants to a 22/24 with some room. And a shirt size of 3x to a xxl in old navy stuff and from a 3 or 4 to a size 2 in my favorite store torrid! woohoo...again, i am NOT complaining! just wondering your thoughts. Thanks, Brandy
meachamw
on 9/30/05 1:05 pm - Scottsdale, AZ
I think you hit it on the head. Muscle is heavier, but takes up less room. Great job. By the way, I sat next to you in the preop training class. My surgery was on July 11th. I'm glad that everything has gone well for you. It sounds like you're having fun. Bill
Brandy H
on 9/30/05 11:59 pm - Glendale, AZ
Hi Bill, Thanks for the response. That is neat that we sat next to each other! I wish you had a picture up so I could remember who you are. Anyways, how did your surgery go? And how are you feeling? Hope all is well. Brandy
meachamw
on 10/1/05 10:45 am - Scottsdale, AZ
There's a picture on my profile. I have no idea how to add one to messageboard posts. My surgery went great, but my first six weeks of recovery where rough. I had a stricture that had to get stretched out. Fron that point on, it's been much better. I'm down 60 (309 to 249) and my blood sugar is staying around 100. Bill
sallyann
on 9/30/05 11:42 pm - page, AZ
Way to go Brandy!! You are my inspiration. Keep the posts coming..I hope to have surgery by years end. Watching you and learning from you has been so helpful.It must feel great to know that your fight with obesity is almost over!! My weight has been increasing fast. Im feeling achie, bloated and im snoring and gasping more at night. I look forward to relieving my body of this weight. Keep up the good work..and enjoy your success. You have earned it! Sally
Brandy H
on 10/1/05 12:02 am - Glendale, AZ
Sally, Thank you so much for the kind words! You are so sweet. I hope that your quest for surgery is an easy one. Keep us posted. Brandy
Darlene X
on 10/1/05 12:02 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hey Brandy!!!! You are amazing!!!! Ive been watchiung you from the beginning.... Anyway technically muscle and fat weigh the same... muscle isnt heavier---- it just takes up less space, so the inches go down down down while building muscle, but the weight slows, or even stops--- thats why so many people say to take measurements and not just rely on the scale!
Brandy H
on 10/1/05 12:07 am - Glendale, AZ
hey darlene, muscle doesn't weigh more than fat? ...i had always heard that. I know that a pound of muscle and a pound of fat are the same weight. haha. kinda like that joke...what weighs more a pound of feathers or a pound of rocks? haha. but that makes total sense that muscle takes up less space. I AM TAKING UP LESS SPACE! YAY! i am glad to hear your hubby is doing well. send him our well wishes. Brandy
Darlene X
on 10/1/05 4:48 am - Maricopa, AZ
Its true... 1lb of muscle and 1lb of fat weigh the same LOL. There is no weight difference, just 1lb of muscle takes up a heck of a lot less space than 1lb of fat.
diamanti1
on 10/1/05 2:09 am - Peoria, AZ
Congrats on the weight / inches loss. Fat vs. Muscle is a purely a density thing. Muscle is much denser than fat.....thus weight may not change but the inches do....and gaining muscle is a great thing....you get toned...and skin starts to tighten up. Keep up the great work.
Most Active