diet documentation?

sallyann
on 9/29/05 12:15 pm - page, AZ
need help please with the diet documentation. I have been on many diets and taken most every diet pill known to man. Do I request med records from the drs? I have moved frm Washington State to Arizona..It was about 1 year till I found a Dr.. Is it ok to document on Paper ? the diets and pills you havd been on? Everytime I changed insurance I had to change Dr's..Hope I can remember them all! Thank you ins companies. help?
Andrea Q.
on 9/29/05 12:29 pm - Gilbert, AZ
Hi Sally- I know how challenging it can be to remember and track down different docs from out of state. But that's exactly what I did. I tracked down my old PCP and OBGYN from where I used to live. I called them up and asked how to request my medical records. It was really easy, and they mailed them to me. Of course there were some diets that I did on my own, so I also typed a list of the approximate dates of the diets, the types of diets, results of the diets and the medications I've tried, etc.. I also made copies of my gym receipts and gave my surgeon's office both the medical documentation as well as records I made on my own. My recommendation would be start on it as soon as you can. Good Luck!
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/29/05 12:37 pm - Prescott, AZ
I showed my diet documentation as 6 months of visits to the dietician at the hospital and my TOPS membership card with each time I went initialed and weighed in. Sheryl
Most Active