I did the arterial blood gas test!!!!!!!!

Sheryl Tilley
on 9/29/05 11:38 am - Prescott, AZ
I figured out what I was afraid of and got it out of the way. See, I always have my blood tests on my own schedule where and when I want. So when they told me to show up at St. Luke's at a certain time on Tuesday the 4th -- THAT turned out to be what was bugging me. So I had my PCP fax an order to Bradshaw lab and I went when I was mentally ready to do it. Well, they poked me in both wrists and never got the blood. Soooooooo I went over to the hospital and they got it first try. I didn't pass out but came close -- everything got very dim and I was light-headed -- but I did not walk toward the light!! hahahahaha! And for me it didn't hurt any worse than a regular blood test which I get every three months and went ahead and did while I was there -- so FOUR pokes total. That's behind me!!!! Sheryl
Andrea Q.
on 9/29/05 12:24 pm - Gilbert, AZ
GREAT JOB!!! I'm glad it went better than you expected... I know it can be scary, but you should be proud of yourself.. It stinks that you had to get poked 4 times, but at least the pain wasn't any worse then a regular test! Andrea
Darlene X
on 9/29/05 10:16 pm - Maricopa, AZ
YAY Im so proud of you!!!! See I told you, you'd make it through ok!!!
Most Active