Hubby's Surgery--- Im home

Darlene X
on 9/28/05 12:34 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Im home!!! Its been one VERY long day!!! We got to the hospital at 5.30am, they took Hubby away to get prepared for surgery. Once he was ready they let me come in and sit with him for an hour! I tried to be brave, really! LOL Everyone was on time, Dr Fang came and talked to us. Hubby has gall stones so they were going to try remove his gall bladder too. He went in at 7.45am and I was left to wait, and cry... LOL I actually talked a lot with the family of another lady having RNY at the same time. 10am Dr Fang came to the waiting room, everything went fine and Hubby was in recovery. The BEST NEWS EVER!!!!!! They were able to do it Laproscopically (sp?), at a BMI of 70 I was SOOOO sure it would end up being open! I am so ecstatic about that, just 5 small incisions rather than a big old open scar. They couldnt remove his gall bladder, so after he loses 150lbs or so they want him to come back in for that. I was able to go up to his room at 11.30am, they wheeled him in. He looked horrible, very pale, he had that glazed look over his eyes and was still very drugged up and in major pain, so he was a little clicker happy with the Morphine! I left and got something to eat, at around 1.30pm I helped him go pee, and we were gonna try a walk, but he was really faint so we didnt. He slept most of the afternoon, at 5pm I helped him pee again, and he was 100% better. We were able to go for a walk around the floor. He is doing good, resting peacefully with his Morphine LOL. After just 4-5 hours the colour was back in his face, and he is back to his normal self. Thank you for all the well wishes! And so the journey begins......
Darlene X
on 9/28/05 12:36 pm - Maricopa, AZ
Oh PS: If anyone is around St Lukes tomorrow, he is in room 610. Im so bored, come see me! hahahaha
sallyann
on 9/28/05 10:16 pm - page, AZ
Great News!! Its amazing how much faster you heal after the Lap surgery VS the open. Im so glad you and your hubby are home safe and sound. Congrats. I havnt had surgery yet but HOPE to by years end. Best wishes! Sally
Melissa P
on 9/29/05 12:37 am - Phoenix, AZ
Darlene, That is woderful news. I wish you and EJ the best. Take care and here is wishing him a speedy recovery and good luck with the weight loss. Melissa
diamanti1
on 9/29/05 12:47 am - Peoria, AZ
Congrats on he surgery and I am glad to hear it all went well. And also congrats on the LAP vs. Open.....I was LAP thankfully and 9 days post op and almost feel like I did pre-op.....Keep up with the walking and best of luck on the recovery.
Brandy H
on 9/29/05 2:23 am - Glendale, AZ
Darlene, So happy to hear that your husband's surgery went off without any problems or complications. Breath Easy now! Brandy
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/29/05 11:32 am - Prescott, AZ
So happy that all went well. That day is behind him and now all good days in the future. Hugs! SHeryl
Andrea Q.
on 9/29/05 12:36 pm - Gilbert, AZ
CONGRATS to both you and your hubby. I'm glad all went well and that you're holding up ok too! I'm sure it's a lot of stress on you, but you seem sooooo supportive and positive and you really have such a great attitude! I really admire that. I'll be thinking of you both and sending my well wishes to you both! Andrea
Most Active