Arterial blood gas test

Sheryl Tilley
on 9/23/05 5:58 am - Prescott, AZ
Hi everybody! I know this test stings. I had hypnosis and am not scared of needles in my arm -- BUT I am freaking about this one in my wrist!!!!!!!!!!!! HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!! Sheryl
Darlene X
on 9/23/05 9:26 am - Maricopa, AZ
Hubby had his done yesterday at his pre-op testing. This probably wont help LOL: They tried twice in one wrist and couldnt get it, they tried twice in the other wrist and couldnt get it! They had someone else come in and finally got it on the fifth try! On the good side, hubby said it was just the same as taking it out from his arm, or any other normal blood removal. Hang in there!!! You'll be fine!
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/23/05 9:57 am - Prescott, AZ
Thanks Darlene! I just got told that it stings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will probably be dramatic and wear my arm in a sling until the test date -- Oct. 4th. LOL! Sheryl
cynthia E.
on 9/26/05 7:49 am - buckeye, AZ
Sheryl: You will be ok. It really does sting. Remember to keep breathing. It measures your oxygen. No matter how much it stings keep breathing. When they tried it on me on the right wrist the gentlemen missed the artery. His supervisor had to do it on the other arm. I had matching bruises on both arms. Breathhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh. You will be ok. Excited I am sure but scared. It is coming fast. Best of luck cynthia
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/27/05 3:33 am - Prescott, AZ
Thanks Cynthia. I just got a call from Ben at Dr. Juarez's office. They are prescribing me some Ativan to take before the test. I'll remember to breathe. This test is the last hurdle. Sheryl
Most Active