You know you've had WLS when....

Trisha
on 9/21/05 11:11 am - Glendale, AZ
You Know When You've Had WLS When..... * You have baby food in the house and no baby. * "I'm a loser" is a good thing. * All of your silverware says Gerber. * A wooden spoon isn't just for cooking. (open wls patients understand this one) * "Welcome to the other side" doesn't include death. * New clothes fall off in a week. * You get excited about hand me downs. * The scale at Wal-Mart no longer says "one at a time please". * Going bald and getting wrinkles is a good thing. * Hitting the "Century Mark" is actually a good thing. * You can be touched by an angel and still not be considered crazy. * When your rear end no longer looks like a mudslide. * When you get excited that your incision was "only 4 inches". * When the word lap has nothing to do with a swimming pool. * When you are glared at in the plus size department because you don't "belong there". * When you really don't have a thing to wear. * You have to prove you are the person on the drivers license. * You start being in the pictures not behind the camera. * You want to hug everyone fat and hand them your surgeon's card. (don't do this!! haha!) * You are never far from a bottle of water * When you order a doggy bag at the same time as your meal. * Being too small for your britches. * When you go pick up your child at school and all the other kids say WOW you're mom is hot. * When you go to the mall and take the first available space instead of circling 20 minutes for one closer to the door. * You truly are a "cheap date". * When you run to the door and don't hear a flapping sound. * Vitamins feel like a meal. * You go from a 56DDDD to 32AAA in a year and didn't have a breast reduction. * You've just lost 100 lbs and run into a high school friend who asks "did you change your hair?" * You can cross your legs... both of them * When your obsession from food turns to your scale. * They no longer call 911 for the Jaws of life to extricate you from a turnstile. * No more Velcro shoes * When your stairmaster is no longer used for drying your fine washables * Your mother says "You don't eat enough" * When your doctor looks you in the eye and says "I know you will have success with this." * You can wear corderoy pants without igniting a fire * When you wave and your upper arms wave back * You safety pin your underwear * Cannot blame the cat for shedding * Cancel your Lane Bryant Credit Card * 3 Lean Cuisines a week and that's your total grocery purchase * The kids wonder what happened to the cake and cookie god..did he die???
Sheryl Tilley
on 9/21/05 12:43 pm - Prescott, AZ
how about;; You know you'd had WLS when you actually ARE the weight you've been putting on your driver's license? SHeryl
sallyann
on 9/28/05 10:25 pm - page, AZ
Thats hysterical!! You are sooo right! Im sure there are another million comparisons, just cant come up with anything more clever than yours! I cannot wait till my Surgery date happens. I just cant diet anymore!! I have hit the wall with diet pills and programs! Thank you for having gone before many with your wls story! You are an inspiration to all. thank you... Sally
Most Active